1000 Guineas Thread

I realize it's speculating to say she had an off day and isn't necessarily regressing but I believe horses can have off days so wouldn't be so quick to write her off. I also think bookmakers can overreact to poor performances (as to hype) leaving some value behind. As far as pace goes, the Prix du Calvados was also run in a fast time so I not inclined to believe that's the reason she underperformed. I'm in no way saying that she's going to win a classic, but likewise I don't think her chance can be dismissed at this stage. She was just over a length behind O'Brien's in the Boussac.

Alun;

Cesare is fit and will be coming back at Newmarket next week providing the ground is okay, they worked 7f and that probably found Zidane out who has thrived for a breathing operation. Spacious is about 75% fit and goes straight to the Guineas. She is extremely talented and was still green last season. Their only worry maybe that she would be better over 10 or 12f. Jamie has been impressed with her work and I know she is having a serious gallop with Cesare this morning.

Chris

Nell Gwyn entries next Wednesday:

Albabilia (IRE) 48
Annie Skates (USA) 193
Anosti 194
Broken Applause (IRE) 193
Crying Aloud (USA) 15
Festivale (IRE) 166
Gone Fast (USA) 194
Highland Daughter (IRE) 207
Infallible 165
Kylayne 182
Lady Deauville (FR) 148
Michita (USA) 176
Milton of Campsie 11
Muthabara (IRE) 265
Nice Dream 316
Nijoom Dubai 299
Psalm (IRE) 10
Quiet Elegance 13
Raymi Coya (CAN) 193
Rinterval (IRE) 215
Rosaleen (IRE) 193
Royal Confidence 179
Shabiba (USA) 195
Spinning Lucy (IRE) 166

Thanks! I'm intending to go on Wednesday, can't make it Thursday
Fingers crossed for a good run from Highland Daughter

Albabilia (IRE) Seb Sanders
Anosti Jamie Spencer
Crying Aloud (USA) Stephen Donohoe
Festivale (IRE) Kerrin McEvoy
Gone Fast (USA) Richard Mullen
Highland Daughter (IRE) Philip Robinson
Infallible Jimmy Fortune
Kylayne John Egan
Nijoom Dubai Darryll Holland
Quiet Elegance Jimmy Quinn
Rinterval (IRE) Ryan Moore
Rosaleen (IRE) L. Dettori
Shabiba (USA) R. Hills
Spinning Lucy (IRE)Michael Hills

Spacious will need to have improved a lot from 2 to 3…her form last year is nothing special. There is of course every chance she has improved but she is quite short now in the market.

The May Hill form is certainly inferior to the Fillies Mile form that's for sure. Also I think Fanshawe might struggle to have her 100% on the day. His record in the first half of May over the last few seasons is pretty uninspiring to say the least and has admitted she won't run in a trial because she hasn't come to herself yet.

On form she stands no chance. But taking 2yo form into a 3yo line is a well known minefield to negotiate. I actually did a write up on the race elsewhere, and had her booked for the bottom half :brows: (so i can't say I'm not a wee bit concerned that Chris thinks she's eating up the gallops). The Bousacc is clearly the best form on display, so it all depends on whether you'll forgive Laureldean Gale I suppose, though I can easily see Savethisdanceforme placing. Ultimately though, as the first person onto Natagora I'm staying loyal (until such time as she bombs out today :D )

For me its got to be SPACIOUS as the Nayefs of this world are ready to clean up...i hope :luv: But seriously this Kitty Matcham reminds me of Rumpelstiltskin and i cant see what there is of her winning a classic shes a mickey mouse of a filly.

whats true for Spacious is certainly equally true for Natagora. Surely a Group 1 race is by name and meaning a stronger race than a Gr. II, but the way I see it its a difference wether a horse takes a Gr. II in smart style on only its second career start (now thats what I call some improvement in the first place) or wins a (weakish) Gr. I on his/her 7th start (over 6f as well) and starts of to win a Listed Race AND paying 18:10 on the french tote. thats a massive price for a "cert"., and thats what a Gr. I winner should be when coming back to Listed class.

I always thought its all about improvement from two to three, and sure enough they all have to do just that.

Weither or not Kitty Matcham is good enough is another question, but she is far less precocious than Rumplestilskin was. More like Imagine.

Now thats what what you call weak form! Natagora will have to improve a mile to have a chance in any of the Gns french or english going of today there are no lines of form from last year or this year sorry to say. But hopefully you have major ante-post odds at e/w Warbler and then ill keep my fingers crossed that she runs and gets placed for you :)

Also putting a line through Fleeting Spirits form then Nahoodh should be in front of Natagora or what? Ah well roll on May!!!

I'm very happy with my antepost on Natagora. If you read my post about her on her own thread, Landlark, after I'd actually SEEN her win at Newmarket on Champions' Day, you'll get a little idea of how special she is.

She is special and i have a nice position also but the Cheveley Park isn`t on Champions Day.

I apologise for my pedantry.

I thankyou for your best wishes Landlark. :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm a wee bit scarred of Nahoodh as I'd also picked up on that line, and FWIW, I do respect Chris Beek's work watchers judgement (he knows that).

There are a lot of collateral form lines that can be used in a 2yo career. Natagora supporters could just easily go through Festoso? Or since the Rockfel has historically been the best pointer (recently), Misit.

Salut L'African won today (admittedly listed) but Natagora has him well held on two runs. The only time she's been beaten by a filly was on debut.

1 Listed, 2 group 3's, 1 group 2 and 1 group 1, it's not bad form is it?

Yes I've got a price, but no where near as big as when I first drew people's attention to the horse. She goes there with every chance imho. We know she's fast, and you've got to suspect now, she'll get the trip?

Eastern Romance was fast btw, but she put her performance up at the back end of October, Natagora did hers in mid June (there is an allowance in the class par system that legislates for strenght/ development etc). There's also an issue of going corections. According to my humble figures, Eastern Romance had faster ground? (I know Dave Edwards disagree with me)

As you say, enjoy, but I can happily trade out now if I choose to

Awful isn't it - I'm wishing now I'd got on earlier, ie in October - but I was already on Proviso...!!
I've got 11s on BF, not a big stake sadly

I've got a tiny bit on Spacious too

Sense of Joy injured and misses Guineas. Glad I don't bet ante-post. Always best to see what turns up on the day.

Also looks like Psalm goes for the French 1000 Guineas leaving Savethisdanceforme and Kitty Matcham for the Newmarket version...according to the RP today.

Looks sure to be some market moves after the new at Newbury, but I see Psalm is out to 100/1 on Betfair. Either injured or confirmed for the French Guineas.

Back