1000 Guineas

I thought she would bé shorter in morning. Got that wrong but either way she wasnt exactly heavily supported considering connections

Just The Judge's price didn't move with a single firm. Her racecourse gallop was singularly uninformative, it seemed to me.

I noticed that she kept changing her lead, which surprised me. Seemed a bit awkward.

I see the firms are doing the usual knock three points off the price of a Cecil horse. Hot Snap was tapped for toe and came up the inside when a dream gap opened. That won't happen in May.

Been away and haven't seen the race yet so can't comment on Hot Snap but I've gone lukewarm on Big Breaks chances after seeing an interview with Dermot Weld. He did not sound confident about his string, saying they were behind and he expected to have a slow start, particularly with the fillies.

Hot Snap beating Sky Lantern as she did doesn't do it for me at all. There's been far better winners of the NG and if she was considered anywhere near as good as some of then you wouldn't be getting 4/1 or anything like it.

If What a Name has trained on she'd be my choice. Her 2nd to Olympic Glory who's only defeat came at the hands of Dawn Approach is rock solid and a street ahead of what we witnessed at Newmarket.

I agree. She won't get tapped for toe over a mile.

I agree. I've done a total U-Turn on this one.

On Wednesday I thought she was flattered coming off the pace and being near the rail but the time is sensational. She's produced a speed fig being good enough to absolutely dot up in most Guineas, I'm furious I didn't take the 6/7 after the race.

Garswood put a nice figure up in the Free Handicap too. 25 looks big for the 2000 but I just can't stand Fahey.

I was thinking in having a touch on Purr Along

but after the Nell Gwyn I will wait

Hot Snap
impressive
good time, solid form, good pedigree in good hands
8f will suit

4/1 on the day will be ok
good ground should be perfect

Last edited:
I don't really get this flattered by run, position and pace stuff. And What exactly is wrong with beating sky lantern easily ?

She took the race from reasonably far out for it not to be some sort of "lucky break"or "field dropping away" explanation and the nice gaps back to the third and so on are just want you want to see from such a trial

What exactly is wrong with beating sky lantern easily?...the nice gaps back to the third and so on are just want you want to see from such a trial

Precisely. She's trounced a runner-up who is clearly very smart herself and she's given a five length beating to a 107 filly, an eight length beating to a 97, a ten length beating to a 103 and a fourteen length beating to a 100. As trials go, it's an extremely good one.

On a more general note, I thought it was a terrific Craven Meeting. Really whetted the appetite.

Godolphin trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni to face BHA hearing after serious irregularities discovered in samples from horses including Certify

Certify will not be allowed to run in the Qipco 1,000 Guineas in May. "This is a dark day for Godolphin," said racing manager Simon Crisford

Godolphin trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni said: "I deeply regret what has happened. I have made a catastrophic error."
oh dear

Oh dear, indeed. I took 33s after her debut win. Like DJ, I was hardly confident but at least I looked like getting a run for my money. Now this.

Unreal.. Needs a separate thread really.

He must have known what he was doing despite his protestations to the contrary.

Prices have obviously tightened after the news about Certify. Of the front three in the market Just The Judge looks seriously underpriced. I'm not keen on either Moth or Big Break and of the Hannon pair Maureen makes more appeal than Sky Lantern. Sky Lantern will struggle to reverse the form with Hot Snap and Maureen's time on Saturday was an excellent one.

Been away and haven't seen the race yet so can't comment on Hot Snap but I've gone lukewarm on Big Breaks chances after seeing an interview with Dermot Weld. He did not sound confident about his string, saying they were behind and he expected to have a slow start, particularly with the fillies.

Drifting like a barge. Did manage to lay some of my stake off but looks unlikely she'll be declared; she's entered at the Cuuragh the same day in a group 3.

Olivier Peslier booked to ride Hannon's filly Maureen in 1000 Guineas on Sunday. Hughes sticks with Sky Lantern.

Big Break remains in..... Still not convinced she'll show, especially given Abdullah has the favourite.

18 remain in total.

Hot Snap 11/4 today

What price do You expect no sunday?

She looks well clear of tris field.

Last edited:
Back