2 Year olds 2009

Interesting reports about Coordinated Cut who makes his debut tomorrow...beardo any light to be shed on this matter?

They think an awful lot of the horse. Ive seen him work once and I know its a gallop but it was pretty impressive. Looks a decent enough race though so whether you want to be taking evens in a maiden i dont know. I know my bro probably will as he is very excited

Sadly as good as Coordinated Cat could be, he's been hyped up for months and will be long odds on tomorrow. As short as 25s for Derby as well is very short. Especially when trained by a trainer who has only had 1 2yo winner this year.

25's for the derby is outrageous I think anyone would think the same all horses try and do is injure themselves you want at least 33's for the thing to turn up next June.

Alfred Nobel up against the promising Chabal and Kingsfort in the National Stakes on Saturday. Presumably something has gone wrong with Godolphin's Poets Voice who was supplemented to the race on Monday for 25 grand but isn't in the final declarations.

I've just noticed that. Presumably they expected the ground to dry out more than it has/will.

Doncaster doubts that it will be able to maintain good/firm (despite watering). They now say they are aiming for "perfect fast ground", whatever that means.

Poets Voice runs in Doncaster instead.

Unless this Await the Dawn is a proper horse I think Poet's Voice will take all the beating. The way the form is shaping up this year the Acomb looks a very very good race. The collateral form all supports that view.

Flame,

Be a bit bolder in your predictions please!!!!!

Greymalkin (lovely horse but very backward, won't surprise me if he won, but place claims more realistic today, Ive had a bit ew at tens as I feel its too big, but he is one for next year long term)

Aqua Vitie (needs this badly, will improve, not one for today)

Forest Runner (not one I like, don't rate its chances today)

Five Cents (badly needed run on debut, has improved, absolutely laughed at Al Zir on Monday, My best bet -- NAP)

Lamh Albasser (in good form but this is a hot race, ew at big price)

Damietta (I don't rate her)

Golden Shaheen (worked clear of Passion For Gold last week and followed that up on Saturday morning matching strides with the yards 1000 Guineas filly dawnbreak. Pair pulled away from useful Marine Spirit, another I expect to win)

Saboteur (improved since debut, but should find Golden Shaheen too good, might be a forecast job and should be 3rd at least)

Battlemaiden (Always worked average on turf, so pleased by her runs so far, much better on the AW at home and has caught the eye with Sand Vixen of late, shoould collect now on AW)

There you go.

Flame,

Info is much appreciated.

I'll take the advice with Five Cents - Looks a pretty weak maiden.

Thanks for those Flame.

Hunting Tartan drifted in the early markets and backed on the shows but just won very well at Chepstow - hard to tell what he beat but a nice debut none the less :)

Last edited:
13 (12)
nonrunner30.png
Persona Non GrataNon Runner13
nonrunner30.png

its in the name - lol

Good winner for Barry Hills there!!

Great stuff for the man, how much is that race worth?

Flame, thanks for Five Cents, doubled up with Fantasia for a nice profitable day. Both drifted as well which helped!

Keep the info coming!

I see Johnny Murtagh rides Viscount Nelson at Doncaster, with Colm O'Donaghue on Await the Dawn, and Sean Leavy on Emporer Claudius.

Seamus Heffernan is on Alfred Nobel in the National Stakes at the Curragh, with Joseph O'Brien on Air Chief Marshall, and Mick Kinane riding Beethoven.

Interesting thoughts Flame, you seem to have built Al Zir the highest of high profiles and its strange you oppose him with Treadwell?

With Osbourne horses so out of form (even with a low number of runners) it would be difficult to see Treadwell winning - Geordielands run (not necessarily the result) may give us a guide.

Back