2 Year olds 2009

It'll be a big ask for Steinbeck after a long break and him only ever having had one run.

Alot of it is experience - they sent Rip Van Winkle over there as green as grass last year. So a defeat is far from without benefit....that is assuming he is half the horse he is reported to be of course.

The Million races look pretty decent as well. Good ground is on the cards for Sunday - first time in a long time that can be said for The Curragh.

Some interesting betting markets up, all with Paddy Power...

Beresford Stakes

St Nicholas Abbey 10/11
Chabal 7/4
Passion For Gold 6/1
Reiteration 10/1
Mikhael Glinka 12/1
Elusive Reward 14/1
16/1 Bar

If Chabal does nto run then Reiteration will start alot shorter than 10/1. Surely Chabal will be kept for Longchamp and or the Dewhurst?

Fillies Mile

Long Lashes 11/4
Youllbemine 4/1
Cabaret 11/2 (think she is going to by pass this)
Hibaayeb 6/1
Champagnelifestyle 7/1
10/1 bar

Mendip - Not a cheap American purchase but a bonny colt who has his own way of doing things. Took the eye with Marine Spirit (runaway winner at Folkestone this week) in a recent spin and a nice backward colt to look out for.
Really nice debut from this fella this evening. Ran green when asked to pick up but lengthened really nicely when he got the message. Looks middle distance colt in the making. Second horse after Najd off this list that I have backed so again many thanks Flame, even if the price was very skinny.. The bookies knew as well. The 2nd was well backed a ran a good race after being left at the start amd I think both horses will be worth keeping on the right side of.

The 2nd to Mendip at Kempton, Musaafer, reappears at Pontefract tomorrow with a Godolphin debutant in opposition. They clearly like the horse alot as it has some nice future entries, looks like being odds on at around 4/6 tomorrow, the unknown Godolphin horse would seem the only danger.

If Chabal does nto run then Reiteration will start alot shorter than 10/1. Surely Chabal will be kept for Longchamp and or the Dewhurst?

Very good point but it's surely not beyond the realms of possibility that Bolger will run him in all three races?!

He'll then probably win all 3, be 7/4 fav for the Guineas only for him not to be declared. :D

Reiteration is entered the day before in a Gowran Park maiden too. If anyone else trained it, I'd probably have a few quid at 10s as he looks a decent prospect and has a good speed figure for that Black Quartz run but trying to second guess Jim Bolger when betting in antepost markets is like playing Russian Roulette.

The 2nd to Mendip at Kempton, Musaafer, reappears at Pontefract tomorrow with a Godolphin debutant in opposition. They clearly like the horse alot as it has some nice future entries, looks like being odds on at around 4/6 tomorrow, the unknown Godolphin horse would seem the only danger.

The Godolphin horse is no danger.

Fillies Mile -

Blue Angel (IRE)
Chantilly Creme (USA)
Dyna Waltz
Hibaayeb
Lady Darshaan (IRE)
Long Lashes (USA) (Tongue Strap)
Mudaaraah
Sent From Heaven (IRE)
You'll Be Mine (USA)

Royal Lodge -

Big Audio (IRE)
Black Spirit (USA)
Dreamspeed (IRE)
Dubai Miracle (USA)
Frozen Power (IRE)
High Twelve (IRE)
Joshua Tree (IRE)
Mikhail Glinka (IRE)
Timely Jazz (IRE)
Vale of York (IRE)
Waseet

Thanks for the nod Steve. If you can get 4/6 you're a lucky man but this looks a complete shoe in. I was impressed with this horse as he missed the break, was rousted to lead, ran green and was only beaten by a very promising horse which Flame rates very highly amongst the Godolphin Juveniles. 4/7 would be a great price in my book.

I would side with Joshua Tree, MG looked pretty dodgy the last day. Both well down the pecking order at home I would have thought.

Thanks for the nod Steve. If you can get 4/6 you're a lucky man but this looks a complete shoe in. I was impressed with this horse as he missed the break, was rousted to lead, ran green and was only beaten by a very promising horse which Flame rates very highly amongst the Godolphin Juveniles. 4/7 would be a great price in my book.

The prices just below 4/5 last night on Betfair were certainly a gift, the 4/7 this morning was short-lived, once Flame confirmed the Godolphin was no danger, it was no race! Won as it liked and as it should.

The Million races look pretty decent as well. Good ground is on the cards for Sunday - first time in a long time that can be said for The Curragh.

They look very interesting, particularly the Mile. Cabaret is out after suffering an allergic reaction. Pity as she skipped the Moyglare and was being aimed at this. If Weld runs Stunning View he looks a nice price at 6-1.

Chabal skips the Beresford. Who is it has the line on Godolphin, Flame? What's this one like?

1 5 Bobbyscot(103) (PDDeegan) WJSupple 9,01
2 2 Lastofthemohicans (FR) (APO'Brien) . 9,01
3 8 Layali Al Andalus (GB) (MJohnston (in GB)) JFanning 9,01
4 7 Montecchio(96) (KPrendergast) DPMcDonogh 9,01
5 9 Passion For Gold (USA) (SBSuroor (in GB)) AMunro 9,01
6 1 Reiteration (USA) (JSBolger) KJManning(T) 9,01
7 4 Senior (GB) (ELynam) PJSmullen 9,01
8 6 St Nicholas Abbey (APO'Brien) . 9,01
9 3 Top Spin (JJMurphy) . 9,01

Goffs races look competitive too. Great day's racing.

Chabal skips the Beresford. Who is it has the line on Godolphin, Flame? What's this one like?

1 5 Bobbyscot(103) (PDDeegan) WJSupple 9,01
2 2 Lastofthemohicans (FR) (APO'Brien) . 9,01
3 8 Layali Al Andalus (GB) (MJohnston (in GB)) JFanning 9,01
4 7 Montecchio(96) (KPrendergast) DPMcDonogh 9,01
5 9 Passion For Gold (USA) (SBSuroor (in GB)) AMunro 9,01
6 1 Reiteration (USA) (JSBolger) KJManning(T) 9,01
7 4 Senior (GB) (ELynam) PJSmullen 9,01
8 6 St Nicholas Abbey (APO'Brien) . 9,01
9 3 Top Spin (JJMurphy) . 9,01

Goffs races look competitive too. Great day's racing.

Passion Of Gold is very nice, he won whilst about 80% ready at Thirsk and won well. he has been working nicely since and would certainly be as good as Al Zir and Emirates Dream. Azmeel should be winning out there for Gosden on Sunday, whilst Five Cents is definitely a shoe in off 79 this afternoon at Epsom.

St Nicholas Abbey was well touted before his debut and he looked a pacey Montjeu, Authorised like, to me. The Bolger horse is interesting as well considering he should relish this drying ground.

Plenty of interesting stuff over the weekend...

Joshua Tree looked a winner of a poor Royal Lodge Stakes and is probably going to head off to America for the Breeders Cup Turf Juvenile race.

I thought Lady Darshaan was pretty eye catching and I felt she was a little unlucky. Being by High Chaparral she should come on tons over the winter and she looks a really nice prospect for next year. You'llbemine finished third and looked to run with promise but I would just be wary of her - similar style of racing to her dam who looked unlucky or promising on plenty of occasions without actually going on to land a big one at three.

I thought St Nicholas Abbey was really impressive - looks a very pacey/classy son of Montjeu and looks a top class prospect.

Disappointed the Million Mile race did not throw up an impressive winner.

Meanwhile this week, plenty of very interesting maidens and the Middle Park looks fascinating with Poets Voice dropping down to six furlongs taking on Showcasing.

Back