2 Year olds 2009

Prix Morny entries were made this week...

Head Of Steam
Arcano
Call To Arms
Lowdown
Zanzibari
Alfred Nobel
Buzzword
Chaperno
Radiohead
Air Chief Marshal
Reggae Dancer
Arctic
Canford Cliffs
Prince Jock
Rock Jock
Special Duty
Lixiron
Broken Kitten
Dolled Up
Misheer
Country Love
Whipitydooda
Paradise Rain

An average performance on paper but one that hints at much better to come over a mile and on better ground.

Viscount Nelson wins from Bobbyscot.

Looks a great big colt (I have seen him in the flesh and he is) - completely different to his half brothers and sisters Horatio Nelson and Kitty Matchem.

I'm sure I read somewhere after his last win O'Brien said he's a horse that only ever does just enough so not likely to win by huge margins.

Crikey, you must be spending a fair old time on those Newmarket gallops, do you ever make it home?!

I would go up about 3 - 4 times a month. Godolphin's are one lot I try to see every time I go up there. I get reports back from watchers as well from most gallops they see.

The last time I was up was 2 weeks ago, that would have been when I last caught up with them.

Siyaadah had been going Okay, but works behind Huroof and Long Lashes. An example of going to a course to win at, i,e Redcar, as oppose to running at Newmarket on a Saturday. Siyaadah is okay but I wouldn't be expecting too much from her, as a pedigree's point of view, she's done her job now as they say.

Thanks for that write up Flame. At this stage I know you are not up at Newmarket everyday but your reports are interesting and always worth sharing on here.

Meanwhile Viscount Nelson...

U000012498354041.jpg

Khattaab also very very impressive at Haydock on his debut for Barry Hills - more of a sprinting pedigree (Dixie Union out of Lowther winner Jemima) but they must be pleased with a 7 length win at 6f on debut :)

Echo that. was very impressive and should be much more to come. have to delve into breeding tough as immediate family (dam by Owington) means sprinter rather than miler.

Dixie Union was a sprinter/miler too - wouldn't want any further than a mile and wouldn't be certain he'd stay that but couldn't have been anymore impressive.

Flame
How many of these decent 2 year olds will spend the winter in Dubai and come back different at 3.:o

Najd - A strapping Chestnut colt who has a really nice floating stride, not surprisingly another who has really impressed on the Tepeta surface and since its laying, the Godolphin horses have readily improved. I like the way this colt moves and he has a really smart battling attitude. He hasn't done too many serious gallops but what he has done suggests he could be a very smart prospect. I like him a lot.

Runs in the 7f maiden at Newbury tomorrow @1.50pm. Looks a decent maiden though.

Godolphin have some really interesting horses out today, and in addition to the one flagges up by Aragorn, Nafura looks really interesting in the fillies maiden at Kempton. Although Godolphin have the favourite in Ghazwah who Frankie rides, Nafura is a half sister to both Librettist and Dubai Destination. 14/1 looks very big, as Godolphin second strings do very well.

Godolphin have some really interesting horses out today, and in addition to the one flagges up by Aragorn, Nafura looks really interesting in the fillies maiden at Kempton. Although Godolphin have the favourite in Ghazwah who Frankie rides, Nafura is a half sister to both Librettist and Dubai Destination. 14/1 looks very big, as Godolphin second strings do very well.

Nafura needs a lot of time. Their other in the race is expected to win, although Stoute's is nice.

Many thanks Flame - Paid for my weekend.

Definitely a horse and a maiden to follow. A lot of fancy pedigrees and entries in the field.

I await the debut of this Nashama with great interest.

Destination aim wins his maiden very well. It's been quite a few years since Godolphin have had this many maiden winners, and many have been impressive. The last year I can remember is Dubawi, Belenus, Oude etc.

Their record in 2yo maidens over the last 5 years (from the RP):

Code:
2009    15-44	34%
2008    15-68	22%	
2007    10-44	23%
2006    5-24	21%
2005    29-126	23%

Big improvement so far, alright.

Damietta see's off Giant's Play with the fav in 3rd. Can't believe the SP of the winner, gutted I took 7/2. Think the 2nd would beat it if they met again.

Not on my lists but Love And Devotion should go okay tomorrow but has a decent one of Cecil's to beat, who I will personally be having a few quid on (Jacqueline Quest).

Al Dafa will need the run at Lingfield but is a nice horse for next season.

Galileo I liked it too, did you see it has like 4 different coloured feet and a grey/blonde tail lol

Galileo I liked it too, did you see it has like 4 different coloured feet and a grey/blonde tail lol

Highlights and new Socks that are all the rage in America. Soon to be registered along with the silks for each owner. I believe its an attempt to help small people follow their horses at packed race meetings...

Back