2 Year olds 2009

It'd be nice for Rog to have another decent animal in the stable, since there's not been much since the glory days of BOULE D'OR, and even he was snatched away from him. She sounds as if she's got guts, Shadz, if she was willing to go through other horses, so fingers crossed she goes on to do him some good.

Maiden today won't produce any superstars in all likelihood, though Mr. Tee is a smart enough colt and the yard are very dissapointed he didn't win today. Walk On Bye may just turn out to be a decent sort.

Or will it? Walk On Bye impressive again today in the Anglessey, travelling well and settling the issue quickly with a smart turn of foot.

Beethoven didn't run too badly for a horse that is crying out to go back up in trip.

have to stick Buzzword in..the time for his win tonight at Windsor should be interesting

got to add the two he was the sandwich between last time as well

San Jemeniano
Dorback

has he been mentioned on here? we got a very good word for kingsfort before his curragh win, and really think he could be one to follow. no entries bar the Group 1 in september though.

Sent From Heaven just won at Kempton, now she looks a real nice filly with a good size about her, plenty of action and has a monsterous stride.

So do you think she might possibly do best at flatter, galloping tracks, IS, than undulating and turning ones? Might limit her venues if she's big and long-striding, although not always, of course, if she's well-enough balanced.

Tyros Stakes next Thursday was won last year by Rip Van Winkle from Cuis Ghaire. Some interesting entries:

At First Sight
Beethoven
Bikini Babe
Black Quartz
Cape Blanco
Gold Bubbles
King Ledley
Kingdom Of Munster
Kitty Kiernan
Marfach
Miracle Match
Perfect Memory
Utrillo

He beat nothing of note in Tipperary, but as an individual I was really impressed with Kingdom Of Munster's debut and hope to see him line up for this.

Last edited:
Babycakes
Blue Zealot
contredanse
Fascination
Miss Coco
Nashama
Pink Symphony
Shamardal Phantom
Sugarlegs
Western Hope

Few fillies im looking forward to seeing

Nice debut by Conniption in the first at Newbury.

By Danehill Dancer out of a Sadler's Wells mare, weak in the market, missed the break, quickly made up ground and ran on really well to win by 4 1/2 lengths.

Seemed to enjoy the soft ground.

Tyros Stakes next Thursday was won last year by Rip Van Winkle from Cuis Ghaire. Some interesting entries:

At First Sight
Beethoven
Bikini Babe
Black Quartz
Cape Blanco
Gold Bubbles
King Ledley
Kingdom Of Munster
Kitty Kiernan
Marfach
Miracle Match
Perfect Memory
Utrillo

He beat nothing of note in Tipperary, but as an individual I was really impressed with Kingdom Of Munster's debut and hope to see him line up for this.

Was wondering when KOM would come out again as I picked him and he has 100% record so far. I know - cant last - I'll take the credit while I can.

Pounced the horse to take out of that race imo. lovely big flashy chestnut and certainly one I will follow this season, and hopefully beyond!

I agree, only caught the race on t.v so not sure who Pounce was trained/ridden by but jockey was still sitting sweet about 2f out whilst everyone was well at work including the winner and he came with a strong run down the inside but that lack of expierance and possibly turn of foot to get past the Johnston runner.

What was the distance? he/she will be much better over further.

That was quite taking from Await The Dawn at Naas tonight.

Get a good idea of the merit of this one with Bayan Tree running tomorrow at Galway against the Weld horse (Stunning View) that finished second in the hot maiden at The Curragh over Oaks weekend.

Another boost for the Kingsfort form with Stunning View winning comfortably at Galway.

I'd love Kingsfort to turn out to be a cracker, his owner is a real decent fella.

Canford Cliffs (cut again for the Guineas), Alfred Nobel and Arcano all due to line up in the Morny in a couple of weeks.....should be a revealing contest.

Not sure why Hannon did not have a runner in the Phoenix Stakes.....another useful looking two year old there. Little enough foresight.

What do you make of Luca Cumani's Seta today?

My first impressions is she will almost certianly be a 3 year old with tons of room to grow, up untill the last furlong I didn't really like her head carridge but she got there in good style intrestingly the last 300 yards she changed her legs and really looked to get the hang of things getting down to work and definatly erased any preconceptions I made about her the previous 6 furlongs as she got better and learnt bundles every furlong she travelled from looking really novicey to finishing like a proper horse, she will become something special.

Back