2 Year olds 2009

But if they think they might have the Triple Crown winner...

Oxx himself said after the Guineas he felt we'd see a TC winner sooner rather than later.

The St. Ledger has become a bad joke. Most people would do well to name this years winner.

The St. Ledger has become a bad joke. Most people would do well to name this years winner.

I believe his name is Sean, but I might be wrong.

I'd be interested to hear what the time buffs make of the RP Trophy time (1.12 outside standard). The consensus view seems to be that the pace was very steady through much of the race, though the time doesn't seem to stack up all that poorly against the rest of the card (to my untrained eye, that is). Very much open to correction on that, of course!

2 year olds 2009

Very smart performance by St Nicholas Abbey but what a shame for racing and flat racing in particular that there will be no meet up with See The Stars next season.

Forgive me, Powerscourt; doesn't everything of O'Brien's possess "loads of speed", in fact usually enough speed to win a July Cup?!

Exceptionally impressive - if only all races were so easy to predict. I should have thought they will be tempted to follow the STS route as he appears to have so much speed.

Is it possible having waited so long we could have two true champs one after another. I can't believe they would dodge the Guineas with that fella, so much speed.

Some interesting runners tomorrow at Leopardstown.

Full sister to High Chaparral runs in the first - Dance On By. Murtagh has went for Utrillo in the Group race and Don Carlos in the maiden - not certain he is on the right pair.

Is it possible having waited so long we could have two true champs one after another. I can't believe they would dodge the Guineas with that fella, so much speed.

Yes. The year after Nijinsky we had both Brigadier Gerard and Mill Reef.

Some interesting runners tomorrow at Leopardstown.

Full sister to High Chaparral runs in the first - Dance On By. Murtagh has went for Utrillo in the Group race and Don Carlos in the maiden - not certain he is on the right pair.

Air Chief Marshall and Amber Grey might be more appealling.

Has Hamm locked himself in a dark room !

Not at all! Not on net much over the weekend.

It would indeed be a worrying situation if backing losing 6 and 19/1 shots led me to a dark room.

SNA looks very, very good, but very light and may not take too much racing next year. Guineas if it was my choice.

On another subject, i'm not sure why its been such an issue on me taking on short priced Ballydoyle favourites this year - I cant remember the last time someone was taken to task for identifying a profitable angle for the year, and not sure why it upsets people. Its not like I'm laying someone's family to fail at something, is it? :)

Not at all! Not on net much over the weekend.

It would indeed be a worrying situation if backing losing 6 and 19/1 shots led me to a dark room.

SNA looks very, very good, but very light and may not take too much racing next year. Guineas if it was my choice.

On another subject, i'm not sure why its been such an issue on me taking on short priced Ballydoyle favourites this year - I cant remember the last time someone was taken to task for identifying a profitable angle for the year, and not sure why it upsets people. Its not like I'm laying someone's family to fail at something, is it? :)

A playful jibe Hamm, I don't care who you take an angle one.

I thought Sna was scopey enough but not too big as you say. He'll be fine at three, growth wise.

A playful jibe Hamm, I don't care who you take an angle one.

I thought Sna was scopey enough but not too big as you say. He'll be fine at three, growth wise.

my response about Ballydoyle favourtes wasnt directed at you, Sheikh - i should have put a smiley after second sentence - i took your post as playful.

i very nearly did reach a dark room after the Arsenal game but thats another story altogether :mad: :D

Back