2000 Guineas

I always knew Henry was capable of winning and went off an obscene price, I just think this years lot aren't on the same page. Anyone backing Mastercraftsman at a shorter price than Naaqoos needs their head examining, there is just no logic for it.

There is plenty of logic in it.

Gan Amhras runs in the Ballysax.

I've got deja vu here...

Naaqoos absolutely battered Mastercraftsman in Paris, it wasn't even a close run thing. He destroyed the field and he has plenty of scope for improvement, way more than Mastercraftsman. The form of the race has been franked and Naaqoos didn't have the same hard races MCM had at 2. I just see no reason why he should turn the tables with Naaqoos.

I've got deja vu here...

Naaqoos absolutely battered Mastercraftsman in Paris, it wasn't even a close run thing. He destroyed the field and he has plenty of scope for improvement, way more than Mastercraftsman. The form of the race has been franked and Naaqoos didn't have the same hard races MCM had at 2. I just see no reason why he should turn the tables with Naaqoos.

The piece of form in France is not as reliable a indicator to Mastercraftsmans ability. Milanis and Intense Focus have been beaten already this season so the form is not that hot.

O'Brien has shown time and time again that he can bring two year olds on to success at three after having hard campaigns. If you saw Mastercraftsman in the flesh you'd know anything MCM did at two would be improved upon as a three year old....big tall colt with plenty of strengthening to do.

The piece of form in France is not as reliable a indicator to Mastercraftsmans ability.

Intense Focus was never going to train on, he finished his two year old career well though.

I just can't see how MCM is going to improve anymore than Naaqoos will, let alone enough to reverse the form.

At least we are closer to getting an answer now that in last October!! :)

True true. I'll happily eat some humble pie come the Guineas should MCM put in a brilliant performance but I just can't see it.

A French Guineas double would see me away just nicely.

Intense Focus was never going to train on, he finished his two year old career well though.

I just can't see how MCM is going to improve anymore than Naaqoos will, let alone enough to reverse the form.

You are starting from the theory that MCM ran to form in France, he didn't. Horse in full flow in the Phoenix Stakes was a sight to be hold...fast ground and a straight mile is what he needs.

You are starting from the theory that MCM ran to form in France, he didn't. Horse in full flow in the Phoenix Stakes was a sight to be hold...fast ground and a straight mile is what he needs.

On what grounds didn't he? The hard race on heavy ground is a poor reason, they should have known before running him, AOB knows enough to say whether a horse has felt a previous race and shouldn't run. He didn't even have to run to form to win it anyway on paper. I don't think that's the best we've seen from Naaqoos either.

On what grounds didn't he? The hard race on heavy ground is a poor reason, they should have known before running him, AOB knows enough to say whether a horse has felt a previous race and shouldn't run. He didn't even have to run to form to win it anyway on paper. I don't think that's the best we've seen from Naaqoos either.

The fact he was not travelling from an early stage? The fact Intense Focus beat him for the first time in 3 previous meetings?

O'Brien is a great trainer but every trainer can misjudge if a horse is over the top or not.

Anyone backing Mastercraftsman at a shorter price than Naaqoos needs their head examining, there is just no logic for it.

McM form when winning the Phoenix is better than anything Naaqoos has to his name. The French colt is worth a cover bet but i`m very happy with my position on the favourite.

My only worry with Naaqoos is that he'll need more than a mile. If he gets beat 3 weeks on Sunday, I'll happily go in harder for the Prix Du Jockey Club!

Well spotted Euro, time for me to go home from work I think...

Ah it is!

Anyone from the forum going to Newmarket for the weekend incidently?

Pricewise goes for Sea The Stars for the 2000 Guineas and if I were to have a bet on the race today it would be him.

Who's he opted for in the 1000 Gal?

I think its the Clive Brittain filly that won recently on the all weather...just basing it on the small picture on the RP site tonight of tomorrow's front page. Looks like Sea The Stars but not so sure about the`1000 horse.

Sea ths stars doesn't look like a middle distance horse to me, it's got to be the guineas. He reminded me a bit of jo'burg when I saw him last year, so physically impressive. I think he's a 1m-1m2 horse, I'm all over him for the Guineas, v disappointed if he doesn't go there.

Back