2000 Guineas

JamesRB

Senior Jockey
What the merry f*ck is going on with Gleneagles price? Absolute smash up job. Can only assume he's been catching pigeons on the Ballydoyle gallops.

Also a million on to be declared "best we've ever had" by AOB.

Let the flat talk commence (sorry grass)

I still like Ivawood 12/1 EW looks a decent AP bet.

I read somewhere he still has a lot of filling out to do.

If that is the case it could be they went to the well once too often.

He had show a brilliant turn of foot in his previous races but ran very flat in his last race.

Every chance that was down to still being a bit weak and his other efforts catching up with him.

If he trains on he's sure to run a big race

joey o has said gleneagles is their big hope for the guineas and jfk looks like the one for the derby. which is pleasing as i have 12s antepost.

ballydoyle hype machine in full swing.

Backed The Wow Signal all winter and won't stop now. I do think, however, Kodi Bear is a ridiculous e/w price at 33s, got to improve this year.

The filly they have is a **** price for the 1000 also.

Taken 12s about the Fabre entrant.

You might be right with this one Euro. It seems she won't be at that price on the day.

I really think this renewal of the 2000gns is going to cut up badly as many horses in the betting right now wouldn't appeal to me because of ground or distance reasons.

I cannot wait to see Richard Pankhurst racing again. I took 25's about him e/w last year and 20's again e/w this year. I don't think those odds will last long.

Newmarket Racecourses today announced a change to the course layout at the Rowley Mile for the 2015 QIPCO Guineas Festival on Saturday, 2nd and Sunday, 3rd May.
Through consultation and agreement from the BHA race planning and racecourse departments, the stalls, previously positioned in the centre of the course, will now move to the stand side rail. A false rail will also be introduced three metres off the permanent stand side rail and will cut in at the three furlong pole.

To accommodate the narrowing of the course through the introduction of the false rail, the maximum field size limit at the QIPCO Guineas Festival will now be 25 in comparison to 30 last year. Over the last five years, there has not been a race at the Festival which has featured over 25 declared runners.

Last edited:
Prices for the Greenham look nuts. Can't believe Ivawood is so short against this field, fav perhaps but a 7/4 shot with Estidkhaar, Belardo and Dick Whittington 6/1 and bigger?

Surely a lay.... The O'Brien horse could be the one to beat him.

Hannon team look like they are only in 2nd gear with 11 Saturday runners all beaten.

Note the names and back them all for lsp next time out and I reckon you'll come out well on top

Hannon team look like they are only in 2nd gear with 11 Saturday runners all beaten.

Note the names and back them all for lsp next time out and I reckon you'll come out well on top

The runners in the major races yesterday for that yard were clearly prep jobs. The ride on Tiggy Wiggy was lol stuff.

I've taken 12s about Estidhkaar as well. I loved the way he battled back once headed yesterday and he will come on for the run.

Been gagging to take advantage of such a ridiculously lopsided market for ages. Gleneagles is exposed and might be a worse price than One Cool Cat was.

I like Hootenanny a lot but I get the impression that he is far from a definite runner-The Wow Signal looks a bet to me.

The runners in the major races yesterday for that yard were clearly prep jobs. The ride on Tiggy Wiggy was lol stuff.

Hughes has been struggling with a chest infection and was signed off after the Ivawood race but apparently alleged TW would not have won at any stage . Her electric speed did seem to be missing .

Back