2007 Departures - Horses In Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so sad when a small, optimistic yard loses a potential little star. The big yards presumably just absorb the knocks, as they have strength in depth. A horrid thing to happen, and one has to feel for all concerned.

Announced in the wrap after the replay this morning, by Angus McNae on RUK: BIRKWOOD, faller three out in the Hunter Chase (5.40) at Ayr yesterday. Having made most, and generally jumping very fluently, he mistimed his take-off and crashed side-on to the ground. He broke a leg and was put down. I'd been admiring this very elegant horse - a refined and intelligent head - and the way he held out his tail in the bonniest way, and it's a sad morning to hear that he did not recover from what looked like just a severe winding.

Just seen on the RP website that K. Ryan has lost his good filly Roxan to Colic. He and connections must be gutted. When she won first time in the Hilary Needler at Beverley she looked very smart.

Very sad news, she looked very good when she won at Beverley but had a setback afterwards and was never the same.

Just got in, switched on, like TRISONS STAR so was interested in this race. And then THAT. I'm afraid this year I'm really losing my support for NH after last year's toll, and seeing horses like ROGUES GALLERY and the beautiful BIRKWOOD die. I'm sick of it, to be honest, or sickened by it, and I'm not sure I'm going to bother watching them pile up at Cheltenham, either. Bring on the Flat!

Dunno if listed on here but Well Mounted is no longer with us and I fear for Aspendos who had a sickening fall in div 1 of the bumper at Lingers.

Well Mounted was killed at home shortly after being pipped by Farmer Brown who goes for the Imperial Cup---MVOB County Hurdlle double.

Originally posted by krizon@Mar 6 2007, 05:11 PM
Just got in, switched on, like TRISONS STAR so was interested in this race. And then THAT. I'm afraid this year I'm really losing my support for NH after last year's toll, and seeing horses like ROGUES GALLERY and the beautiful BIRKWOOD die. I'm sick of it, to be honest, or sickened by it, and I'm not sure I'm going to bother watching them pile up at Cheltenham, either. Bring on the Flat!
And just look at the bumper @ Lingers we had a casuality there...........so its not only akin to jumpers but I agree there are more killed and injured, but is that not to be expected taking like for like?????????? and not wishing it on any animal but yes I am afraid its like life in general, accidents do happen, AND WILL IN THE FUTURE??........... :( :rolleyes:

Crikey, didn't know we'd had fallers at Lingfield - on flat Polytrack! What happened, Arkwright - did they clip heels? The first Bumper was being run as we wandered back to the office to put the computer and day's analysis sheets to bed, so missed seeing it.

Nothing in the RP wrap about ASPENDOS, Arkwright, other than to say he broke down and 'slipped up'. I see one UR at the start in Div II - quite an eventful brace of races!

ASPENDOS looked one of the best in the paddock. He was just behind the leaders approaching the furlong pole when he lost his action and fell. The screens were up pretty quickly though the horse was initially on his feet. Looked far from good though.

I'll inquire this Friday, stodge, as to his final fate. Very sad for the Bumpers to suffer a fatality, if that's what it is.

Desperate. Jockey really asked for a jump but the timing was off and he pulled up immediately.

Horrible to hear.

Such a bonny horse who'd jumped so sweetly up until that. A potential real star for the 'new' Pipe yard. I'll bet the lad or lass is sick as a parrot.

SWEET THYNE, put down following a 'spinal injury', in the 4.40 at Cheltenham. The 7 y.o. Tom George gelding was having only his third ever run for owners The Thoroughbred Ladies, who must be gutted. Screens were up second time round for both the horse and his jockey, who flew right over the fence at great speed. The horse appeared to land heavily side-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back