2007 Departures - Horses In Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Colin Phillips@Apr 16 2007, 11:18 AM
................I think it's downhill there, Kriz, which wouldn't help.

It was also quite a long and sharpish bend - so with downhill and possibly watered ground........... sounds like it should be blown up, along with Plumton :(

Not a very good few days for the Reveleys with Rose of the Shires collapsing and dying after the bumper at Chelters yesterday.

Crikey - mind you she had gotten very worked up. She was a big baby & James Reveley came out to the pre-parade ring to saddle her up, get on her and ride her around!! Cue calls of "you're supposed to break them in at home before you bring them to the races!" from a mate - shouting this as he was leading his own horse around!! She went a little mad in the paddock too IIRC, did a load of leaping about.

Looked to me like LIAKOURA, 13/2, bought the farm falling on his neck at the last in the Novice Hurdle at Stratford, though the RP only states 'fell heavily'. Leighton Aspell up (and down), the horse turned on his neck, having misstepped the last, kicked with hindlegs while his front was still, and then lay flat. I'd be happy to hear that this last time out winner at Plumpton and previous runner at Lingfield survived, but it looked all over to me.

IN ON THE ACT broke down in the 5.20pm hurdle at Plumpton - no details on the RP yet as to whether she could be saved.

Any news on Did He Dye Doedidy? He fell at Cork yesterday and got up but seemed to be hobbling backwards.

Irish Whispers finished very lame and sore at Wincanton on Sunday too, I am just waiting to hear he is OK.

Damn. Let us know if you get news... I backed him too, but never saw the race

So many, many PUs at Plumpton and Hexham - and Plumpton had a microscopic card to start with. Going at both: Good to Firm.

He got up,but was being held and the horse ambulance appeared to be on it's way so fingers crossed.

Apparently he was distressed when he stood up but thy later showed him being walked away. Looks a bit sorry for himself but he lives to fight another day. A very lucky boy.

Looked like a nasty fall but all appears well.

Of Aces Four, who was reappearing just 11 days after an electric display at Aintree, Murphy reported: "He's a little bit concussed, but he will be OK.

"It was a shame what happened as he had the race won. At least he'll live to fight another day

Poor little sweetheart - just got all discombobulated at the last, and looked dazed and confused, not to say very depressed, when being led away. Looks like 'concussion' is becoming the norm at present! So pleased no worse than that - what a little doll he is.

Jimmy called me with the news, and we were very worried last night. so glad he is OK, but have to admit I did not like that he was asked to compete again. They should have finished the season on the "Aintree-High"!

@ kathy, any news on Brendan´s horse Irish Whispers? That looked nasty and to be honest must have happend some fences out as you could see the horse was uncomfortable for some time, holding his head up and trying to get away from the pain. Jockey should have PU much earlier.

Sadly, and not reported in the RP, which remains upbeat about his future racing, the gallant 15 y.o. grey WOT NO CASH, collapsed and died from a heart attack following his excellent second in the Handicap Chase at 3.50, Fontwell Park, today. One can only say that he went doing a job for which he still retained enormous enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back