2007 Departures - Horses In Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure but I think Prime Powered may have broken a leg for Ralph Beckett at Ayr this afternoon. :(

Oh no!!! I backed him too...... e/w, win and forecast - with Krugerrand who also fell in a separate incident. How weird is that?

Poor Ralph, poor owners, and poor Seb

Captain Hurricane, keeled over and died coming down the lanes in Lambourn from the gallops; tough for connections and for Tom Dascombe in whose yard he was a recent arrival from Brian Meehan. He won for PCH as a 2 yr old

Oh Trudi, that is so sad! I loved this old boy - he ran the first ever day I took myself to the races [Newton Abbott] and it was such a thrill to see a horse I recognised from the telly

Really feeling for you tonight

Two horses not in training, not at the age of 34 anyway, Bregawn a winner of a Cheltenham Gold Cup and Shady Deal winner of a Whitbread have passed on.

Charles Byrne's Articulation is no more after a fall at Tipperary, unfortunately.

Halmahera - cry . I loved that horse, he always tried so hard. Was great to see him finally win "his" sprint, then three times over.
Such a shame, deserved to live long into his twilight years.
RIP and thanks for the memories.

I loved him too... Just looked up his racing record, and I remember so well the day he last won: the Portland at Donny for the 3rd year running in Sept 04 [he raced on for a year trying for the fourth, but came in back of the field]. Interesting to look at the sprinters in that race - many familiar names, some still racing inc 2nd home Texas Gold, some departed inc 3rd home Ptarmigan Ridge, v recently... poignant reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back