2007 Departures - Horses In Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariotto sustained a complicated condylar fracture during his race at Ascot on Saturday and following treatment by veterinarians, had to be humanely euthanized.

Dutch Art retired and off to Cheveley Park. Shame he didn't get a Group 1 this year.

Aaah Classified.... remember the other Classified? Beat Badsworth Boy and that didnt happen!

Vital Equine has been retired after injuring himself in the Foret.

Worst-campaigned horse of the year?

They were scrubbing around trying to find photographs of him for his stallion advert a few weeks ago. The fact they were struggling to find anything decent ought to have told them what sort of a stallion prospect he is!!

Why is Vital Equine the "worst-campaigned horse of the year"?

One of the least-campaigned perhaps, but presumably he had some sort of injury.

That's just it Ven, pretty sure he didn't. He was put away after the Irish Guineas for "a soft-ground Autumn campaign" (or words to that effect).

Fair enough, perhaps if they'd known what a summer was in store for us, he could have raced every week!

Notnowcato appaears to be retired and will stand for £8000 at Stanley House Stud

ORIENTOR !!!????? has been retired to stud for , wait for it , £3000 !
Oh, concessions for approved mares. There'll be alot of those then.

Does anyone know if all the fallers in the Juv hurdle at Towcestger got up? - some of those falls looked bad. I was watching in jennings, and SIS never tell you... The RP doesn't say any are dead, but then they don't always

Btw shouldn't some of the above posts be in the 'Stallion News' thread, given we have one?!
Orientor, forsooth! When you can get Phoenix Reach for less than Notnowcato!

Would rather have Notnowcato than Phoenix Reach, one won his group 1's abroad and was never really that good in England whilst the other was a versatile battler who rarely ran a bad race at any level. 8k for Notnowcato is cheap in today's markets.

Oh no - I wondered why he wasn't in PN's stable tour. Georgie will be v upset - he was very special to her

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing@Oct 29 2007, 07:52 AM
Would rather have Notnowcato than Phoenix Reach, one won his group 1's abroad and was never really that good in England whilst the other was a versatile battler who rarely ran a bad race at any level. 8k for Notnowcato is cheap in today's markets.
No contest surely

Phoenix Reach will clearly not appeal to many breeder's for the reason Chris states and he wouldn't have appealed to me if I hadn't been up close and personal with him a few times and got to know him fairly well . :)

Discreet Cat has been retired to stud. Echo Of Light also goes to stud next year.

Mr. Sekiguchi has gone to stud - cost an arm and a leg, raced 4 times, won a couple and now off to stud for $5,000. Oh dear :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back