2007 Departures - Horses In Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where Penkenna Princess is now? I was thinking about her today and wandering how she is, She was a big favourite of mine. She was trained by Ralph Beckett.

penkenna.jpg

Originally posted by Diminuendo@Jun 3 2007, 12:32 PM
Hi Humpfree............Southwell Beginners Chase.
He was jumping for fun, one mistake and now dead..
I was dreading this - we saw the race and feared the worse, but I was praying we would get up.

Its such a horrible thing sometimes - poor fellow !!!! :(

Originally posted by serena@Jun 3 2007, 11:25 PM
Anyone know where Penkenna Princess is now? I was thinking about her today and wandering how she is, She was a big favourite of mine. She was trained by Ralph Beckett.

penkenna.jpg
For sure Ralph would know and would tell you if you emailed him - all emails of trainers are up on the ntf website

Geat shame about Visindar, a horse who never, it seemed to me, fulfilled his potential - maybe for just these reasons ie unsoundness.

Now he'll go stud I presume :what:

Originally posted by Headstrong@Jun 7 2007, 10:28 PM
Geat shame about Visindar, a horse who never, it seemed to me, fulfilled his potential - maybe for just these reasons ie unsoundness.

Now he'll go stud I presume :what:
Would make to sense to hang around Fabre´s yard any longer, would it?! :)

I ought to edit again: the unfortunate horse's name was BERKHAMSTED, not as I assumed it would be spelled. PU lame and was seen being checked over by a vet as the field passed by on the second circuit, but obviously something had gone badly awry.

Theatre Groom pulled up lame on the flat tonight at Newbury and was dismounted by his jockey Fergal Sweeney. I do pray they will at last retire this lovely big horse who is now 8. I know quite a bit about this poor creature's early history, and don't ever want to see him on the track again.

Originally posted by serena@Jun 3 2007, 11:25 PM

Sold privately after being bought back in at the December Sales and now at stud in Japan.

Escayola was sadly put down after injuring a leg at Haydock yesterday.

Fergus Sweeney, shurely???

I notice no mention of the Bowen horse that had its own snippet written about it in the RP yesterday either - Honeystreet. Although I'm still trying to work out what it had done to earn a special mention of its own when so many others don't make the paper after breaking down on the track. shrug::

Originally posted by Love Everlasting@Jun 10 2007, 09:58 AM
You didn't know that much about him, you thought he ran as a 2 year old :laughing:
Didn't run, but was *trained* to run, before he got to Georgie's, which in the opinion of some scuppered him before he started as he handn't grown into his frame. So I was told.

Armariver.................... an absolute waste, did Paul Nicholls really have to race him today after winning at Newton on Thursday? cry cry cry

RY3J08881.jpg

Why was it a waste? The owners and trainer clearly thought he was ok to run. Had he died in a month, after a "reasonable" break would we see such gnashing of teeth? I don't think so.

Originally posted by Headstrong@Jun 10 2007, 02:30 PM
Didn't run, but was *trained* to run, before he got to Georgie's, which in the opinion of some scuppered him before he started as he handn't grown into his frame. So I was told.
I don't know who told you, or if you saw him when he arrived but i distinctly remember him purely because he was just my type and stood out as quality. He was a lovely big horse, definatly not hard trained at that time anyway and for a fact Barry Hills does not rush his backward horses. Georgie broke down a lot of horses so i don't think "the poor creatures early history" was the sole reason for him breaking down

That's absolutely fair enough, Muttley. It was Diminuendo's "waste" comment to which I object.

PDJ, this was only the third time Armariver had gone chasing. His run on Thursday was ok, he jumped well but had to be driven home, so not such an easy race.
Armariver was always going to be a chaser and with time [ he was a very tall rangy horse who needed to grow into his frame] he could have been a moderate one.
In todays race he didn't look as good as he did on Thursday and I thought he tired very quickly.
There was no need to run this horse twice in 3 days especially with the lack of experience he had over fences. I don't think rushing them into experience helps at all, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back