2008 Arc

I like Kamsin as a big price e/w shot too, but...

Before that he won a Gp1 in Cologne beating Papal Bull as recently as August by the same 0.5L that DoM did. In otherwords his recent form might be on a level closer to DoM's than is readily realised, and he's likely to have conditions in his favour in few hours time.

He got beat 7 lengths in that by Oriental Tiger, who got disqualified after a positive drugs test...

They had just 1mm of rain overnight.....talk about going OTT over last nights rain!! The penetrometer reading is 3.3.

I like Kamsin as a big price e/w shot too, but...

He got beat 7 lengths in that by Oriental Tiger, who got disqualified after a positive drugs test...

I thought about that, but having read the race description!!! and looked at the form improvement, I'd be happy they were cheating rather than being the subject of an unlucky technical infringement. Oriental Tiger went charging off some 15L's or something the moment the gates opened, and just kept going

They had just 1mm of rain overnight.....talk about going OTT over last nights rain!! The penetrometer reading is 3.3.

Look at the radar Gal, they've had a damn site more between 7.00 am and the time of posting, and there's still a bit to fall in the next hour or so. Looks like it should be clear by about 2.00pm. There's obviously a bit of guesswork but it looks like it rained between 12.00 and 01.00 and then again 07.00 - 08.00. From about 090.00 to 12.00 its been pretty steady. This rainfall won't have been picked up by the overnight report, and French Penetrometer readings are taken in the early morning I seem to think. A majority of the rain that appears to have fallen since, won't have been picked up by either bulletin.

Look at the radar Gal, they've had a damn site more between 7.00 am and the time of posting, and there's still a bit to fall in the next hour or so. Looks like it should be clear by about 2.00pm. There's obviously a bit of guesswork but it looks like it rained between 12.00 and 01.00 and then again 07.00 - 08.00. From about 090.00 to 12.00 its been pretty steady. This rainfall won't have been picked up by the overnight report, and French Penetrometer readings are taken in the early morning I seem to think. A majority of the rain that appears to have fallen since, won't have been picked up by either bulletin.

ATR has interview 2 people on the track this morning and they have said that while it was over cast and threatening to rain, it has not rain much at all this morning since they were on the track. Certainly not the torrential storms that Dupre was reporting- it may rain again and turn soft but all reports from the course suggest they have had minimal rainfall.

Last edited:
Havign belatedly gone out and bought my Observer I see that Eddie the shoe has gone for Kamsin too. Haven't read his logic yet, but hope he's found a better angle than I to reinforce it.

Looks to be very windy there, BBC think the ground is not too bad. If they dont get any rain that wind could have dried it out a fair bit before the Arc.

If Overdose bets Marchand D'Or we will know which horses to back for the Arc

PS - or not! Not sure that told us anything about the ground

Last edited:
Still plenty of kick back though. It`s certainly softer than it was for the Coronation Cup. My bets on him average out at about 13/2 and I`m happy with that.

For those not watching BBC, Frankie just said the ground is "not soft enough for Schiaparelli" so I guess it favours DOM over SOF?

Wee! tooka chance on Naqoos! Result!!

Last edited:
The fresh ground in the straight isn't kicking up anywhere near as much as the ground they were on yesterday.

Don`t do it Gal. He is taking on better horses also, and is badly drawn, and hasn`t had an ideal prep. The list goes on.

But Murtagh was very bullish when interviewed - just Ballydoyle spin?
He's not usually quite so enthusiastic, if he isn't pretty confident
He called DOM "the horse of a lifetime"

The l`Opera could be a preview of the Arc. An Aga Khan filly finishing a fast finishing third after being too far back entering the straight.

I really don`t think it`s gonna take a 130 performance to win this Arc, and Zarkava who you`d have to rate at least 125p is surely well rated enough to win. But the style of her racing mitigates against her here.

Kamsin a huge price for a place on BF if anyone fancies him - I just got 9.6, he's currently 9.2

I've also got DOM 3.9 place and 11s to win, from c3 weeks ago

I have 3 pts on Youmzain in the win market, 3 on him to place
2 pts on SoF
1 pt on Vision D`Etat

I`ve laid Zarkava @ 2.9 to lose 9 pts and I`ve closed out my lay on DoM.

Also lost 6 pts on Montmartre and New Approach.

Back