2008 Arc

The French Derby form is useless, can`t have any of them.

Zarkava 2.98 on the machine. Unbelievable, she`ll touch 5 in running during the race given her style.

VC have left Zarkava at 3/1 on their website if anyone is interested.

Edit - Only on their Oddschecker betslip - 6/4 on their site.

Last edited:
I`ve laid her at 2.94 to lose £120

Already laid DoM @ 7.6 to lose £400

With my punts on NA, SoF, Youmzain and Montmartre a fair proportion of my betting bank is now sunk into just one race. :eek:

With Montmartre out, I don't think that there is a lot of class at the head of the market (Zarkava has class, but against the colts?). And with SOF probably needing cut I think laying DOM is a bold call.

For the sake of your health, I hope he is a non-runner Euro.

New Approach has beaten what? Tartan Bearer and Traffic Guard? SoF can't win off no prep. Youmzain is overpriced (TM). Montmartre is a non-runner.

DOM is an extremely unlikely runner, on a break.

SOF on soft ground would be a strong fancy of mine, but other than that I do not have strong opinions other than the filly is too short.

With Montmartre out, I don't think that there is a lot of class at the head of the market (Zarkava has class, but against the colts?). And with SOF probably needing cut I think laying DOM is a bold call.

For the sake of your health, I hope he is a non-runner Euro.

It`d have to be a road for DOM to win the Arc. If it comes up good and AOB runs him i`ll back some of it back.

Dear god, please tell me they are not taking a commentary from Great Leighs over the Prix Foy...

Zambezi Sun did not want to go past there did he? Would love to see the head on, might lose it. Nice return for the Godolphin horse.

I've just watched the Vermeille on Youtube, unbelievable performance. Her sectionals must have been obscene.

You can dispute the form all you like but her manner of victories and her times are exceptional.

VC Bet are very brave going 3/1 and I can't see them being able to keep that for much longer. If it's good ground or better on the day I'll happily back her at 6/4.

VC Bet are very brave going 3/1 and I can't see them being able to keep that for much longer. If it's good ground or better on the day I'll happily back her at 6/4.

VC aren't going 3/1 ~ they are 6/4 and the standout price is an error by oddschecker.

Regarding commentary from Great Leighs over the Foy ~ absolutely and unequivocably the correct decision commercially; that race will have turned over at least five times more than the Foy. From a purists point of view it may be frustrating, but thankfully purists will never run the world!

Last edited:
Best priced 2/1, now generally a 7/4 shot..Zarkava will probably start an odds on shot on the day in France?

If it's decent ground and The Duke doesn't show up then I reckon she'll be around evens. I hope there's a Japanese invasion a la 2006 for Meisho Samson and Zarkava will be about 9/1 on the PMU!

I do too but have this feeling its a bit of a waste of time scraping around for alternatives to what is looking like an absolute star. Happy just to watch this one i think

She reminds me of Shawanda. You can look as good as you like against you're own sex but against colts and older horses it is a completely different test. Whats more the furthest she has ever won a race by is 3 lengths - certainly looking like an easy winner but I would have liked to see her pushed right out at some stage and actually see what she has got to give rather than her jockey talking the the crowd.

Last edited:
The colts that will are likely to be turning up are not exactly a great bunch IMO. Doesnt bother me that the actual best shes won by is 3 lengths at all. Thats enough. I can think of Dancing Brave never winning significant contests by much more (might be wrong...eclipse i think). Its hardly essential if the horse breezes through. also, i have no idea why she should have been pushed any harder today than was necessary. Why exactly?

Fillies do just fine in the arc. its hardly a given that colts are naturally at an advantage

Fillies do just fine in the arc. its hardly a given that colts are naturally at an advantage

Not recently they don`t. The era that fillies did well in was the one where horses like SoF and Youmzain would have been at stud in by now.

Good point Euro. Mad as it sounds I might even take my winning Comp bet on the Cambridgeshire! - the more I look at the Arc the more of a Conundrum it appears to be LOL

Youmzain would have been retired to stud having been completely winless at three? Dont think so

Back