2008 Departures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just phoned Howard Johnson's yard, as I couldn't find anything on-line.

The yard are not really aware of the extent of the injuries but as far as they know the horse is still alive but not in very good condition.

Sorry that it's not very good news.

No it's not... feel really weepy, some of them just get to you more than others, and any horse which has been placed twice in the GN is a hero to me

Thanks for doing that Colin, much appreciated.

Feel really worried for Oliver's too, he thinks a lot of that young Caribou and probably regrets running him on unsuitably firm ground - awful when you take a sporting chance and something like that happens :what:

Latest from RP website on BB:

<< There will, regrettably, be no more Aintrees for Grand National fifth Bewleys Berry, whose racing career came to an end when he broke down badly at halfway. His situation is serious, but connections hope he can be saved for a new life in retirement. >>

I do hope BB can come through this injury , :) he has been a game horse and deserves retirement .....Good luck to him

El Tango, dual German St. Leger winner, and 6th in last years Ebor, now in training with F. Doumen; fell and broke shoulder in Auteuil on sunday. A wonderful near-black son of Acatenango, and an entire still

:cry:

I'm sure I'd only seen on the results in the RP the week before that he had won over hurdles for Doumen.
A shame.

Here he is prior to that run in the Ebor

2055093090052064479S425x425Q85.jpg

Yes, he won before, and now fell when favourite in a Gr. III I believe. We took this photo of him when he was parading in cologne in September 07:

DSC-9.JPG

A real shame!

What happened Majounes Song there at Chester? Sounded like a few screams from the crowd?

many injuries at Chester then, does NOT sound good! Hope she can be saved, or was it that serious (again?)

First news on Majounies Song was bad, but fortunately she was led into the racecourse stables and is now in the care of the vet, it's not as bad as first thought, injury to her near hind. I expect she'll be off to the paddocks!

Anyone got any news on Shipmaster? if not I'll email the stables
Awful news on El Tango, he looks such a wonderful type

@ Heads - sound good for MS, lets have fingers crossed - and yes - El Tango WAS a stunning horse - I have to admid - a real loss. It simply does hurt more with some, if you know what I mean....

News on ch 4: On Maroussie's, is that she has fractured her pelvis, she's gone straight off to the Liverpool Veterinary hospital and is in the best of hands. Apparantly Shipmaster also fractured his pelvis yesterday, but Full House was only PU as a precaution as he 'didn't feel right'

Friend of mine works at Leahurst Veterinary hospital will try & find out any news

Correction re Shipmaster - I spoke to King's Assistant, representing at Great Leighs, this evening. He said Ch 4 was wrong about the pelvis, the poor horse in fact completely severed a tendon. They didn't put him down and are going to see what can be done, but he definitely won't race again :(

Ivy Creek was only 6750 short of winning 100K, very sad. He had won 4 and been placed in 4 of his 13 races, all but the first ridden by Steve Drowne who will be devastated. commiserations to all connections.

I think it was the three day April meet but yes sadly he is no longer with us.

Unfortunately there seems to be fatalities most days at the mo (flat & jumps) which is rather depressing to see.

Voir Dire at Newton Abbot last night was particularly bad as it looked like he had a heart attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back