2008 Departures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang on, I thought Singspiel/Jejquade/Louise or whatever else she called herself on any given day of the week was banned years ago? Stewards enquiry please?

Want a job on the mods team SL? Completely missed that, account looked like it was never banned. Done now.

After the trouble she caused, and the effort a few of us, especially Brian, went through to prove she was the many-headed beast, I couldn't forget her easily!!! :laughing:

Ah,good spot.

Looking at that thread,you'd be the only one who posts regularly of those on there anymore although some can be found elsewhere.

According to the BF Forum my old favourite Indian Gunner from Dr Naylor's was killed at Wincanton last week :(

I fear Absolute Champion may be joining the list. Broke down out in Singapore (Takeover Target won another G1).

Jeez, that's two lots of really bad news. Those top class horses really do push themselves too far beyond the pain barrier sometimes... And how much bad luck can one man suffer, feel really sorry for Bailey, he's had an awful string of disasters recently

Unfortunately, Philip Rothwell's very promising Dark Bolero was fatally injured when coming to win his beginners chase at Ballinrobe last night.....

Happy Hussar collapsed and died of a heart attack today at the age of 15.

It was likely to be his last race as well.

Poor Trudles is very upset, but mostly about some of the adverse comments and reporting elsewhere. She knew the horse inside out and is adamant he would have hated retirement.

Very sad nevertheless, and even sadder it's being used as another stick with which to attack racing.

Silver Hawk has been put down at the age of 29 at the Airdrie Stud in Kentucky.

A really good sire, he'd been retired from stud duties for several years.

That was really terrible about Happy Hussar, and worse that some poeple think they know what was best for the horse when they did not actually know him. He LOVED his racing life. Anyone could tell that by his bouncy step and ears pricked.

Will miss him for sure, heart goes out to all connections.

Originally posted by Venusian@Jun 10 2008, 11:38 PM
Silver Hawk has been put down at the age of 29 at the Airdrie Stud in Kentucky.

A really good sire, he'd been retired from stud duties for several years.
Scary to think Silver Hawk was 29 ~ I remember him running when I was a lad.

just read that old Blitzkreig has been put down at weekend at Martinstown Stud. He was 25 and a great favourite.

Originally posted by crazyhorse@Jun 17 2008, 10:17 AM
just read that old Blitzkreig has been put down at weekend at Martinstown Stud. He was 25 and a great favourite.
Even if they spelt his name wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back