2008 Departures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Partnered by Jamie Spencer, he beat Rhinestone Cowboy by a neck in the Cheltenham Festival bumper with Back In Front, Thisthatandtother and Iris's Gift filling the next three places – a race rated the best bumper ever run on Racing Post Ratings.

Some race that alright. Sad news.

Some race that alright. Sad news.

Sad indeed - I backed him on his chasing debut at Clonmel - thought he was going to be O'Grady's next star chaser. Looked to be travelling as good as anyting when coming down in the Sun Alliance,

Of course, that bumper was highly controversial, and Rhinestone should have been awarded the race - and yes, I was/am talking through the cash receptacles to the left and right of my trouser zip fastener!

Last edited:
I guess a lot of the fillies will be leaving the track soon to take up their places at paddock. Passage is very good looking should get nice foals.

Hypnotic Vibe at Huntingdon today. Jumped fence okay but cannoned into by another horse and severed a tendon. Sad for the stable, despite their double today.

BANDARI, a multiple Group winner for Sheikh Hamdan, was put down last week at Peria Stud. The son of Alhaarth stood a single season at County Waterford-based operation.

Bandari was an ultra-tough competitor on the racetrack for trainer Mark Johnston, landing 11 of 33 races and nearly £550,000 in win and place prize-money.

Among his victories were the Gordon Stakes, Great Voltigeur Stakes, Brigadier Gerard Stakes, Princess of Wales's Stakes and Hardwicke Stakes, run that year at York.

The son of Alhaarth was also second in the Group 1 Rheinland-Pokalder Sparkasse KolnBonn at Cologne and third to Bollin Eric in the St Leger.

Bred by Rathasker Stud, Bandari was the best performer produced out of Miss Audimar, a daughter of Mr Leader from the family of this season's Derby winner New Approach.

A very good and tough horse as shown by that roll call above. A shame his Derby run was below par, not that I think he would got near those front two!

This Bandari thing is really odd - Gearoid reported his death in August!

When did he actually die and if it was that long agho how come it has only come out now???

hmm, very puzzling as it was also posted on Mark Johnston's forum weeks ago - strange indeed

Still on there now, bloodstock fourth story down, def wasn't there a couple of days ago! how odd!

The RP Bloodstock site is regularly doing things like this Helen - pulling up old stories etc. they had one about a sister/brother to Look Here for sale at Arqana July just a week or so ago.

Doesn't say much for Coolmore's faith in RoG as a potential sire of sires if they're not even standing a dual Group 1 winner of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back