2009 Arc.

He's an immense price to place. I think he loves chasing horses off of a fast pace and I don't think he's on the downgrade, he just hasn't had his conditions this year, horses haven't been tiring in front of him essentially.

Not unlucky no, placing in two or three Arcs is a higher achievment than winning the odd Coronation Cup or Grosser Preis.

he just needs a pace collapse to get placed..that scenario is on the cards if AOB gears the race to F&G

the only problem they have is that STS has displayed enough to suggest he well might improve himself for the step up to 12..all this doubtful stayer nonsense is not displayed in how has finished off all his races...last time in particular he looked to need further as he only really got going in the last furlong

a fast run 12f could well just favour STS more than the others..once that pace scenario has been tried over 12f he will have had every pace scenario thrown at him by AOB...and will stamp him as a very special horse

in lots of ways..AOB has added to STS's greatness by testing him so much in all his races

Oh Christ, please, not this old chestnut again!!! Last time out Youmzain showed yet again that he will do anything to get out of winning. He'll run well if he finishes in the six.

a place for him wouldn't be out of the question and he is priced favourably..i doubt many will see him as a winner..even with Fallon on..although his price will now contract with the jockey booking I would imagine

if you removed STS then there are quite a few in with a chance of winning...looks an open race without him

Who are the likely runners at this stage?

Definite
Sea the Stars (ground dependant)
Fame and Glory
Conduit
Cavalryman (needs to be supplemented I think)
Vision D'Etat
Youmzain
Staeclita

Possibles
Spanish Moon
Dar re mi
Sariska
Age of Aquarius
Casual Conquest
Behestam
Getaway
Ask
Alpine Rose

Missing anyone?

According to the Telegraph today Dar Re Mi looks likely to be aimed at the Arc, while Sariska's trainer was another still mentioning it as a likely target.

According to the Telegraph today Dar Re Mi looks likely to be aimed at the Arc, while Sariska's trainer was another still mentioning it as a likely target.

Sariska will definitely line up if the going is on the soft side. The only reservation they have is the going. I'd be very confident that she could finish in front of DRM and the French filly if she takes part.

The ground is officially Good To Soft for tomorrow's Longchamp meeting - 2 weeks away from the Arc meeting. I feel another forecast watch coming on.....

BBC is forecasting five bright sunny days for Paris with temperatures in the low 20s

You better get that rain dance going again Steve !

BBC is forecasting five bright sunny days for Paris with temperatures in the low 20s

:p ...but I want to see Fame do STS on fast ground, with the grass just the colour Stars likes it.

...of course Fame wins if it's soft and a stamina test... but that rather takes the fun out of it.:cool: I'd like to see Fame blindfolded with his back legs tied together in the circumstances you describe.

The BBC website forecasts are pretty dodgy...whats more the Arc is not next weekend so 5 days of sun mean little if it rains the following week. But lets hope STS turns up.

:p ...but I want to see Fame do STS on fast ground, with the grass just the colour Stars likes it.

Just as much as you like to watch those Gloucester Old Spots silhoutted against the sun dancing in the air with swallows ...:lol:

Back