2009 Arc.

I think Oxx will go for the Arc if the ground suits. Pretty sure the Tsui family would like STS to emulate his mum's Arc win, and surely his stamina for 12f on goodish ground is no longer in dispute. He certainly wasn't stopping on Saturday!

If he were to win the Arc and come out of the race as well as he has come out of all his other races, why not consider going to Santa Anita as well? I wouldn't rate the chances of any of the US horses to beat him.

I don't know why so many are dissing the BC Classic. For years it's been the holy grail for godolphin and coolmore. I find it to be one of, if not the most exciting races (in the buildup anyway) most years. This would be even more the case with a European superhorse.

the Classic is certainly worth a bit, but it's not the Arc. It's for those who like flat tracks where they race them like greyhounds, wire to wire.

Tune into the Arc Antepost Preview on the RP TV thingy...spot the number of errors their two "experts" come up with...

All the best horses only just do enough.
Between the Arc and the Breeders Cup it's only two or three weeks.
The Arc is only run on testing ground.
Conduit will really improve for running at Longchamp.
Vision D'etat has improved from 3 to 4.
Longchamp suits horses that stay well.
50s, Youmzain? I wish.

Last edited:
I don't know why so many are dissing the BC Classic. For years it's been the holy grail for godolphin and coolmore. I find it to be one of, if not the most exciting races (in the buildup anyway) most years. This would be even more the case with a European superhorse.

I understand it would be good for the horse to win this for stud etc..but lets be honest..we only get one season to watch this class of animal..so its not like we are too spoiled is it?...being a purely selfish viewer..I want him to run in races that I feel are more worthy..in that one season....and the Arc to me is more worthy than any of the US races

I still don't see why he can't do both. He's shown no ill effects of a busy campaign and there's over a month between the Arc and the Classic.

its surprising though how a horse can just go over..the Arc won't be a breeze..even to STS..DB didn't manage it did he?

I always think that last defeat mars a career...would be a pity to mar anything about STS

its surprising though how a horse can just go over..the Arc won't be a breeze..even to STS..DB didn't manage it did he?

I always think that last defeat mars a career...would be a pity to mar anything about STS

He's already beaten so hasn't an unbeaten record to preserve. I'd like to see him tested and as you say the Arc tests any horse.

Prix Niel

Black Rose
Top Class
Beheshtan
Aizavoski
Telluride
Cavalryman
Claremont
Guest Ville

Prix Vermeille

The likes of Alpine Rose, Stacelita, Dar Re Mi, Lady Marian, Roman Empress, High Heeled etc all in.

Prix Foy

Crossharbour
Spanish Moon
Incanto Dream
Vision D'Etat
Magadan
Tsar De Russie
The Bogberry
Campanologist
Schiaparelli
Traffic Guard
Court Cannibal
Buccelati

Full card is here - http://www2.france-galop.com/FGWeb/domaines/courses/courses_calendrier.aspx?L=en

He's already beaten so hasn't an unbeaten record to preserve. I'd like to see him tested and as you say the Arc tests any horse.

DB didn't have unbeaten record though..but STS is unbeaten at 3yo..2yo losses mean little..Shergar was beaten at two as well..but he was a different horse at 3..as is STS

to me STS is an unbeaten horse..where it counts

I really hope STS & F&G meet there..that will be 3-0 imo...which is no sleight on F&G..he just isn't as good as STS

She has improved with every run these season, I think she's on a serious upwards curve. I think she is a real threat to Stacelita in the Vermeille and whilst that may be a different ball game to winning the big one, I know which one I'd rather back in advance of the fillies race at 5/1 or 300/1.

Back