2010 Two year olds

OMG - what a serious horse! It didn't matter that there were only 2 others in the race. This is the dog's bollox! The manner in which he quickened away and you can see Cecil however much he talks the horse down, knows what hes got on his hands. Fingers crossed he stays sound. Lovely pedigree too - Galileo - Kind. And lovely classy name - named after Abdulla's late US trainer, Bobby Frankel (a class act himself).

Killer Instinct did not run as a 2 year old and never showed anything on the track- this horse could not be more different .

Grimthorpe said he was their nicest yearling. There was no way Prince KA was going to give the name to anything but a horse they thought might be a star.

The filly was receiving 12lb as well and is entered in the Fillies Mile .

I think the best two year old colt will be seen tomorrow at Doncaster, and Godolphin could well have two serious Guineas horses by this time tomorrow...

I think the best two year old colt will be seen tomorrow at Doncaster, and Godolphin could well have two serious Guineas horses by this time tomorrow...

Godolphin 2 year olds - when did one them last do anything to write home about at 3 - Dubawi ?

I just think that a visually taking performance like that, in conjunction with all of the whispers and track work is likely to lead to an overbet horse.

Killer Instinct achieved more on the track than this fellow has to date.

And he ran once as a 2yo.

Saamidd is a preposterous price for the Champagne 4-5 against Waiter's Dream and Approve .

He did a very ordinary time and beat very little - the third was turned over in an AW maiden at Kempton yesterday and the second had been beaten further by Native Khan . The fifth was stuffed in an Ayr maiden .

He was visually very impressive but he needs to improve enormously to win tomorrow. He might well do so but his price is a joke.

Frankel's first run was very impressive too so I dont think people are going overboard on today's performance. Plus the last day was a mile on good ground and today was 7f with ease in the ground. It all adds up to him looking a very bright prospect but I agree people are going to get carried away.

i don't know what to make of Frankel, he looked a serious good propect but the other two runners looked very ordinary.

The third was beaten less than seven lengths by Wootton Bassett when sixth in the sales race at York and was beaten only half a length by a subsequent listed winner at Goodwood - he is a good yardstick .

When a horse wins by 13 lengths in a canter the others tend to look ordinary but unlike the trees Saamidd beat at Newbury - Diamond Geezah has some form.

Saamidd is a preposterous price for the Champagne 4-5 against Waiter's Dream and Approve .

He did a very ordinary time and beat very little - the third was turned over in an AW maiden at Kempton yesterday and the second had been beaten further by Native Khan . The fifth was stuffed in an Ayr maiden .

He was visually very impressive but he needs to improve enormously to win tomorrow. He might well do so but his price is a joke.

Didn't realise he was so short .. for all that I think he will win, I am not so sure I will be getting involved at that price! Saying that, I don't rate approve at all (see him as a good yardstick) and he also has a penalty. He has Waiter's Dream to beat, so it should be interesting.

While Pathfork looks the obvious bet today at 2/1 in the National Stakes, I had to back Longhunter at 5/2 in the 2.40.

Yes I like Longhunter too. Also think Queen Of Spain should appreciate this test over 6 furlongs now that there is an ease in the ground.

Now favourite for the 2000 Guineas....with him, Frankel and The Curragh two year old races this weekend the juvenile market has suddenly come alive.

Back