Casamento 2/1
Dunboyne Express 7/2
Native Khan 9/2
Seville 5/1
Master Of Hounds 12/1
Titus Mills 14/1
20/1 bar

12/1 MOH is tempting.

The more I look at the Dunboyne race at The Curragh the more doubts I have about that form in that ground.

Not only that but it's such a negative to have a horse who has been injured and out of action for quite a while.

Yes, yes, I know - Saamidd disappointed! Native Khan I've had my eye on since I saw him breezing on the gallops in about February.

Dunboyne Express is a monster and requires a monster bet at 4/1. Native Khan wont get within 5 lengths. God bless Mck Halford he must be very shrewd. So much so this Casamento creature was a 7/1 shot in a poxy maiden at Tipperary and was friendless last time out when he should have been 4/9. You must also consider who much form the Prenderagst stable have with the runners in the field. Casemento for example beat one in the Bersford that was second that they do not rate at all. 4/1 is an insult to the horse and trainer.

Last edited:
Poxy maiden? The third has come out twice since and won, beating Treasure Beach and winning a nursery off top weight. I have seen far worse Tipperary maidens.

He gave Pathfork a heck of a fight in the National Stakes and skated in in the Beresford.

The more I look at it the more I like Casamento and MOH.

Your missing the point. They sent off a National Stakes 2nd and Group 2 winner at 7/1 in a Tipperary maiden. Is that a trainer you would be confident knows what he has?

The more I look at the Dunboyne race at The Curragh the more doubts I have about that form in that ground.

Agreed - but can the same not be said about the form of the Beresford and (to a lesser extent) the National Stakes?

It doesn't really look a typical renewal in that it's very hard to see any of these becoming the type to progress into serious Derby prospects.

Master of Hounds? Give me a break. How many chances do you want to give him. Give me one good reason why he has any chance of reversing form with Dunboyne Express?

Your missing the point. They sent off a National Stakes 2nd and Group 2 winner at 7/1 in a Tipperary maiden. Is that a trainer you would be confident knows what he has?

The reports afterwards suggests there was good word for the horse on the track - and he knew afterwards when stepping him up to Group 1 straight away. I do not think the trainer has ever had a horse like this so it is not that much of a surprise that he was not overbet in a maiden with a couple of well supported Tipperary trained Coolmore horses in Tipperary.

Master of Hounds? Give me a break. How many chances do you want to give him. Give me one good reason why he has any chance of reversing form with Dunboyne Express?

14/1 - a nose off Dunboyne Express (DE was making his debut but he was as straight as an arrow that day - typical Prendergast horse), beautifully bred colt who is coming off a nice break ala Roderic O'Connor. My gut does not like Dunboyne, Seville could be anything or nothing and I think the Irish two year old form is stacking up well against the British horses.

Look a gut instinct is all very well but Dunboyne Express genuinely could be anything, far more so than your Sevilles and Master of Hounds.

Its 4/1 and 14/1. One horse won a Group 3 by 10 lengths while the other had the reversed with Roderic OConnor in a maiden. Its a no brainer and there the only error in the prices is that Dunboyne Express is too big.

Its 4/1 and 14/1. One horse won a Group 3 by 10 lengths while the other had the reversed with Roderic OConnor in a maiden. Its a no brainer and there the only error in the prices is that Dunboyne Express is too big.

A Group 3 by 10 lengths from Samuel Morse in a race that has so many holes in it that it is not worth the Group 3 tag its had. What piece of form in that race is reliable?

I will guarantee you MOH is up to Group 3 level...certainly Samuel Morse Group 3 level.

Just to say,I was told before the race that this was the best 2yo old he had ever had through his hands. Came from someone who is connected to the yard. That's 100 percent honest. If I remember well there were three or four other horses heavily backed In the race as well. I had a good bet but not a massive one,I was afraid of hammering one fto. Got burnt too many times before. As for the race this weekend,I can't nail my colours to the mast anywhere.I had a right good bet on casemento against pathfork,and wouldn't like to go against him but I also like dunboyne too.

Last edited:
Dunboyne is an absolute monster imo and I'm more excited about seeing him than I was about seeing Frankel. However, he's got some big question marks over him given the absence, I wouldn't be piling in at 4s but then I think Casamento is plenty short enough too.

Back