2010 Two year olds

Saw Ziyarid make his debut at Saint-Cloud in what look a decent newcomers event (Sheikh Mo, Khalid Abdullah and the Wildensteins were all represented). The time of the race was quite decent - 2 seconds faster than the fillies equivalent on the same card but 1.7 seconds slower than the Group 3 2yo's race won by Maxios and the only runner to come out of the race (sixth placed Glaswegian) won his next start.

14/1 looks a more than fair price for this.

Roderic O'Connor again not very strong in the market for another Group 1....French Navy now favourite. Another son of Shamardal.

It will be interesting between Galileo and Shamardal as to which one sires more Classic winners next year.

Probably Galileo gets the nod.

Interesting how there are now a handful of horses for next year that could do the Guineas/Derby double on breeding. Guineas could well live up to the best Derby trail tag.

Obligation bubble burst. I'm not having the ground as an excuse because tiz the Shot has shown a preference for better going.

Obligation bubble burst. I'm not having the ground as an excuse because tiz the Shot has shown a preference for better going.

A result that leaves you scratching your head considering the winner had been thumped by Obligation last time they met. I do not think Obligation is a star (when does Ballydoyle run a star in this race?) but thought he would easily be the best today.

I had Tiz The Shot 11/2 so I can't claim to have fancied him. An upset and they have ruined the winners handicap mark as well.

Perhaps just one race too many, he didn't look happy at any point in the race. It was his fourth race in six weeks, and he is a May foal.

I also thought Jessie's Harrington's horse was very disappointing in the Eyrefield. I thought he looked promising first time out, beating the well touted Apache, but he never looked like getting into it today.

As the season is as good as over for the two years olds could we have some predictions for next season from the shrewd lads that kept this thread going for 40 pages.

I think Dubai Prince will win the Derby as a well backed favourite.
Dunboyne Express will get turned over in the Gladness and I will be declared bankrupt.

Last edited:
As the season is as good as over for the two years olds could we have some predictions for next season from the shrewd lads that kept this thread going for 40 pages.

I think Dubai Prince will win the Derby as a well backed favourite.
Dunboyne Express will get turned over in the Gladness and I will be declared bankrupt.

I predict that Dunboyne won't be running in the Gladness (unless they change the conditions of the race).

Any number of promising two years olds that have saved the season, next year should be a cracker. I would hold off on the Derby talk until we see the final Group 1.

Was thinking during the week that if Casamento and Dubai Prince stayed in Ireland we could have had a Casamento, Dubai Prince, Seville etc Derrinstown Trial!

Back