2010 Two year olds

Of course if I relaxed and stopped throwing the Euros around for the sake of it I'd have remembered rule 4 applies. So hard to make an honest few quid these days.

Heard the rumours myself this morning and saw that only Paddy's were still Antepost this morning and I can't get a Dinar on with them online.

Hope Dunboyne does run, he'll batter him if in the same form of his last run. Tempted to lay out a chunk for the Guineas but just terrified Godolphin will snap him up over the Winter and I'd be f*cked.

Confirmed an hour ago he is out with an ankle injury. Along with Harbinger we have lost two smashing colts. Lets hope both can get back on track.

Last edited:
Is it broken? Says on the RP it's sprained and he'll only miss two weeks.

Hope that's the case. Hopefully Strong Suit is super impressive and Dunboyne will be an even better price next time they meet.

Just watched it ... most impressive maiden winner I've seen this year. Some burst of acceleration.

Looked a really good maiden with the first three home all supported at some stage in the market. One to follow.

Futurity Stakes entries for Saturday - looks a cracker...

King Torus
Belgian Bill
Emperor Hadrian
Eskimo
Glor Na Mara
High Ruler
Jackaroo
Lake Ontario
Longhunter
Music In The Rain
Native Khan
Pathfork
Robin Hood
Rudolf Valentino
Samuel Morse
Snow Mountain
Sydney Harbour
Tashqeel

One of Pathfork and Longhunter surely wont run. The form of Pathforks maiden is nothing to get excited about.

I'm not convinced - Pathforks maiden:

The 4th, 5th and 6th are basically useless and were beaten between 6l and 7l. The 3rd Zabarajad was beaten out of sight on his debut and is not up to winning much. The 2nd, well plenty might rate this one but it fell into his lap in Galway and he needed every bit of his jockey's 7lb claim. I doubt Robin Hood is in Ballydoyles top 5 2yo.

It was the manner in which he did it though - winner from a long way out and came clear nicely. He was well clear of the second who in turn was clear of the rest. Whats more he comes from a yard that is unlikely to have him as hard tested as say Prendergasts.

Hard to be sure about the Coolmore horses - I thought something like Roderic O'Connor or Masterofhounds would be their runners - but looking at it now Eskimo and Rudolf Valentino look the most interesting in a race where they often target their better 2 year old prospects.

Lets hope we do not get too much rain.

I'm not convinced - Pathforks maiden:

The 4th, 5th and 6th are basically useless and were beaten between 6l and 7l. The 3rd Zabarajad was beaten out of sight on his debut and is not up to winning much. The 2nd, well plenty might rate this one but it fell into his lap in Galway and he needed every bit of his jockey's 7lb claim. I doubt Robin Hood is in Ballydoyles top 5 2yo.

Interesting ~ I wouldn't be as dismissive of the Oxx horse and I thought Robin Hood, whilst no superstar, sets a decent benchmark. I reckon it looks pretty solid form on the whole - certainly more solid than Longhunter's maiden anyway.

Longhunters maiden was certainly a weak one but his run in the Railway Stakes was too bad to be true, which also looks a very weak renewal in hindsight Its starting to get to the stage where the Irish 2yo are starting to look a bit weaker than maybe I thought a few months back. I would make King Torus a pretty firm favourite if he shows up. Glor Na Mora is the obvious danger but you would think/hope there is still a few un unexposed colts in the field.

Last edited:
King Torus will have a 3lbs penalty but I agree he looks near sure to be bang there. He will love the Curragh too.

This looks a great renewal imo, Pathfork looks very good to me, Glor Na Mara is well regarded and Ballydoyle invariably produce a good horse for this.

Lake Ontario looks pretty short in the Acomb considering how weak he was in the betting in each of his outings. Perhaps he keeps his best for the track but any strong opinions on who's best of the rest?

Not very original but would have Waiters Dream in this now seems to be progressing with each run, Meehan's horses in cracking form and Fallon is riding out of his skin at the moment.

Not very original but would have Waiters Dream in this now seems to be progressing with each run, Meehan's horses in cracking form and Fallon is riding out of his skin at the moment.

Cheers ended up backing him - didn't fancy Lake Ontario at all. Good stuff.

How on earth is Trade Storm 50/1 for the Gimcrack tomorrow?!

He won a maiden which has worked out pretty well (Waiter's Dream midfield, bolted up today) and the time was very very respectable in terms of winning this race. The maiden has historically been pretty solid too (Arcano and Showcasing last year).

He's about five times the price I've have him in at. Usual unfashionable yard having a horse massively overpriced.

Gamla, FWIW I had a good long natter with John Gallagher about him when we were at Goodwood. This is John's top hope - he has a huge amount of real, not fanciful, faith in him doing well and said somewhat bitterly that the lack of any professional interest in writing him up was largely down to exactly what you say - a small, unfashionable yard, otherwise if trained by one of the big guns, the Press would be all over him. He is expecting the horse to do very well indeed and I will be down to the betting shop - which I haven't been to for some years! - to bung on a few ill-afforded quid. There is no doubt at all that John thinks that this is The Horse he's been waiting for. I'll be ecstatic for him if TRADE STORM places, let alone wins, as his confidence in the animal's ability will be well vindicated - and he and his wife are darn nice people who deserve a top result!

Back