2016 Gold Cuppin

I wouldn't back him if you moved the decimal-point two places to the right.

or the winning post 3 furlongs to the left

got to agree..i've never seen the excitement with this one tbh..some of thats down to the trainer a lot with me..i'm not a fan at all..his stableform at the moment is absolutely dire..i'm surprised no one has mentioned just how badly his horses are running. I know thats his modus but there is running below form and running below form..at the moment his horses are finishing on average 30+ lengths behind winners

Make your mind up time for me and have a little dabble AP.

Djakadam 2nd to Coneygree simply doesn't push the right buttons for me.

Coneygree was a brilliant winner with huge potential but he's not here but that for me doesn't make Djakadam a worthy fav.
I just don't see the same scope there and he got such a thrashing from Don Cossack at Punchestown I can't see where he's going to find the improvement to beat him.

Vautour is a big price but as he's not sure to run I can't be having him AP.

Cue Card......If he won the Gold Cup the roof would come off the stands and Paddy Brennan reckons he can. Not unusual for a jockey to be a bit biased.

The way he pegged back Vatour at Kempton must give his fans hope that he would get the trip. With Coneygree gone he might just but he's highly uiunlikely to move much in the market.

Don Poli as grassy would say would have to set off now if you believe he's too slow to win a Gold Cup.

So a bit of both Vautour too fast and Don Poli too slow, best leave both alone.

There's no getting away from the fact Don Cossack has improved tons since Cheltenham last year and he goes there without a worry about class speed or stamina.

Don Cossack around 5/1 looks as good as it gets to me

Djakadam 2nd to Coneygree simply doesn't push the right buttons for me.
Coneygree was a brilliant winner with huge potential but he's not here but that for me doesn't make Djakadam a worthy fav.
I just don't see the same scope there and he got such a thrashing from Don Cossack at Punchestown I can't see where he's going to find the improvement to beat him.

Utterly outraged at this drivel.

Security.

Should've gone to Specsavers. :cool:

Vautour down to top price 8/1 and 7/1 on Betfair. He runs. Get used to it.

If he was definitely running he'd be half that price. Still think they'll err on the side of caution with him being the apple of Willie's eye. He'd never forgive himself if they bottomed him.

If he was definitely running he'd be half that price. Still think they'll err on the side of caution with him being the apple of Willie's eye. He'd never forgive himself if they bottomed him.

It's only natural that you're now racked with doubt, TB - but you still have time to save yourself. :D

There isn't a horse in training that would be able to 'bottom' Vautour.

He was a champion novice hurdler, a champion novice chaser, and was beaten a head in the strongest King George run in years. He is not some promising yoke being considered for a test outside his class.

Last edited:
I don't have a penny committed and there's still 7's available NRNB if I want it. Must admit I'm giving that serious consideration now just in case you've kidnapped Annie Power & are threatening to take her virginity unless you get your way.

This day and age the total silence from Meade about a number of his horses is really frustrating. One has to take it on the chin as he has previous with being very unreliable getting his horses to the Festival.

"I could not be happier with Road To Riches," said Meade."We had a bit of a blood disorder and snotty nose with him at Christmas, but all is well now and the plan is to go to Leopardstown for the Irish (Hennessy) Gold Cup (February 6).
"I felt last year that we tried to put it up to Coneygree and then Djakadam came and got us as we faded on the run-in.
"I think Djakadam will improve because he was a young horse last year."
Meade could also run Wounded Warrior, third in the RSA last March.
"We have just had a few muscle problems with Wounded Warrior that have held him up," said the County Meath trainer.
"He will be entered in the Grand National, Irish National and plenty of other long-distance races because he wants a trip.

Reading between the lines if he's suggesting Djakadam is likely to improve then he thinks they won't beat him. If that's the case surely he's considering the Ryanair.

I'm also of the opinion RTR will end up in the Ryanair and have had a bet at 16/1 before any NRNB concession was available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meade will be severly pi**ed off if not lining up in this, and rightly so.
That's not to say he wouldn't be big player in Ryanair but he's a serious player in the big one so would be ridiculous to divert him.

Last edited:
I think Granger is spot on and the Hennessy will probably decide which way they go. My own opinion for what it's worth is that he places at best in the Gold Cup, and he has an outstanding chance of winning the Ryanair. There's no way Noel Meade hasn't considered the same, and don't forget ultimately it won't be his decision. Gigi have a whole host of ammunition to fire at the Gold Cup, and possibly better one's in the context of the race, given that Don Cossack and Don Poli are unexposed with regards their chances.

Meade's all but conceded that Djakadam is entitled to improve from last season, and if that's the case how does RTR win? Meade would surely would have to convince them that he's a better horse this year, and that must surely hinge on his Hennessy run. For Meade to make the statement is surely significant in itself and may be indication that the Ryanair is a consideration from his own perspective as well as O'Leary's depending on what comes next.

Apache Stronghold is out now but Valseur Lido represents the same form broadly and gives Giggi a Ryanair contender without moving R2R from the Gold Cup. I took 14s NRNB last night

Back