2016 Gold Cuppin

Thought KB talked him up a bit too much....almost like he was trying to convince himself and not have his faith waver any.

Yeah I can see what you mean. Possibly is an aspect of that alright, but not a huge amount. Call it poetic licence :-)
But I still think it's objective. Certainly objective enough to stand on its own two feet.

I think ultimately his view of the race is that you need a horse that is an out and out stayer, a boat with class, and Don Poli certainly shapes that way.

a good read but rather contradicts himself when saying an exceptional horse will win this GC and then makes the argument for Don Poli which looks like the standard winner of the GC in that he stays and stays but that won't do him any good when he'll be left behind by the likes of Coneygree, Djakadam and Don Cossack. The fact that he keeps alot to himself and jockey has to work hard on him is not in his favour at all this time around.

Is Valseur Lido on anyone's mind for this? I thought he ran very well on Sunday and he'll improve as he steps up in trip. Second season chaser so who knows where he will end up ratings wise

Important to remember that one of the reasons they put Coneygree straight in to the Gold Cup was his "fragile legs". In other news we now have The Timico Technology Group Cheltenham Gold Cup.

Important to remember that one of the reasons they put Coneygree straight in to the Gold Cup was his "fragile legs". In other news we now have The Timico Technology Group Cheltenham Gold Cup.

Slight poimt of order correction. It's timico information technology gc.

And I've heard that the jockeys are going to wear their logo.. abbreviated

Its only Timico in front, not the whole description of the business, otherwise we'd have Qatar Investment Holding Company instead of QIPCO

I am afraid you are wrong there. It's a new initiative and they will be wearing an abbreviation of the full company name in big letters right across the silks.

it would be great to see your source on that, from what I know silks branding is very limited in England, and not allowed in a classic race. As for the title of the race every news article refers to it as the Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup. Ian Renton, regional director of Cheltenham's owners Jockey Club Racecourses: All the team at Cheltenham really look forward to working with Tim Radford and his colleagues at Timico as we anticipate the first running of the Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup

Last edited:
Im afraid I cannot my sources but abbreviated timico information technology it will be apparently.

:lol: was just trying to find the rules that restricts adverts on the silks.. hooked and..

the odds are drifting for the KG as well so if the plans mean he won't run again this year thats a good indicator..

Coneygree is 9/2 for the Lexus

id love an an indicator of his plans

From RP

SCINTILATING Gold Cup winner Coneygree is "absolutely on track" to return to action over Christmas having overcome a setback that forced him to miss last month's Hennessy at Newbury.

Having made a winning reappearance in the Listed Future Stars Chase at Sandown on November 8, the eight-year-old, owned by The Max Partnership and trained by Mark Bradstock, missed out on the Hennessy Gold Cup on November 28 with a bruised foot and tweaked muscle in his quarters after spreading a plate in the build-up.
However, buoyed by his recovery so far, connections are optimistic that he will return to action in either the William Hill King George VI Chase at Kempton on December 26, for which he would need to be supplemented, or the Lexus Chase at Leopardstown two days later.

Speaking on Wednesday, assistant trainer Sara Bradstock told the Racing Post: "He's absolutely on track but we haven't worked him yet. He's had a lot of physio and he's in very good nick.
"He's back cantering and he'll work on Saturday or Sunday and we'll see how much fitness he's lost, but it shouldn't have been much. We've got a couple of weeks anyway now. I said to the owners that if everything went smoothly than he should be fine [to run over Christmas]."
On a preferred Christmas target, Bradstock said: "The main factor will be what runs, what Willie Mullins is doing, and what the Irish are doing, because they seem to have all the best horses bar us.
"I know that Don Cossack is definitely going to Kempton. Vautour jumped so badly left at Ascot you would think he'd want to go left handed, and certainly on that run you wouldn't mind taking him on."

Kempton would probably be the easier race for him

with Don and Vautour in it? I think they're right in waiting to see who goes where, they aren't afraid of Vautour but if Don is in there I think they'll rather go for Lexus.

Back