2016 Gold Cuppin

Because I think they rate him as the 3rd string hence no King George no Lexus pack him off to the easiest one to win like he did with On His Own last season.

Did really well to finish 2nd last season but my own feeling is that was a one off and he'll never win a Gold Cup as long as his ass is pointing to the rear

Doctor please.

To be blunt, what a load of sh1te. :D

Because I think they rate him as the 3rd string hence no King George no Lexus pack him off to the easiest one to win like he did with On His Own last season.

Did really well to finish 2nd last season but my own feeling is that was a one off and he'll never win a Gold Cup as long as his ass is pointing to the rear

The fact he ain't running in the Lexus and trialling in the Cotswold would tell me they think he's a massive chance for the big one.

The fact he ain't running in the Lexus and trialling in the Cotswold would tell me they think he's a massive chance for the big one.

......is my way of thinking.

Staying will very much be the game in March.

Over three mile two and a bit round Cheltenham you either do or you don't.

I'm focusing my attention on a couple of horses that do.

Doctor please.

To be blunt, what a load of sh1te. :D

Is it? It's been 20 years since it produced the winner of the Gold Cup.

Only 4 weeks before the Gold Cup you really wouldn't want your best hope to be going there and having a hard race.

Time will tell but think about it..which horse would you run at that time...your best chance or the one with the least chance of Gold Cup success?

To be fair, Fist, the Cotswold Chase is probably 6-weeks before the Gold Cup, which should be plenty of time for a fit, young horse to get over the former and get ready for the latter. The Trials Meeting is in that spot in the calendar for a reason.

I was sitting on the toilet yesterday when I decided that Vautour should indeed be aimed at the Gold cup

Initial thoughts were to not aim him there, but they may as well

I said on here a while ago that Djakadam would win the gold cup. I've seen nothing from any of his rivals to put me off that view, and I'm happy with my 7/1. Don Poli the danger, will be interesting to see how he gets on today.

Is it? It's been 20 years since it produced the winner of the Gold Cup.

Only 4 weeks before the Gold Cup you really wouldn't want your best hope to be going there and having a hard race.

Time will tell but think about it..which horse would you run at that time...your best chance or the one with the least chance of Gold Cup success?

Am going to give you benefit of doubt and put it down to you having one too many tipples over the xmas period.

Lets look back to this post in March and I will supply the facecloth to wipe the egg off uour face lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Lets look back to this post in March and I will supply the facecloth to wipe the egg off uour face lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

that facecloth gets some hammer on the forum through the years..Frankel handed it me on boxing day to wipe the CC egg off my face:)

its an egg on face game at times

that facecloth gets some hammer on the forum through the years..Frankel handed it me on boxing day to wipe the CC egg off my face:)

its an egg on face game at times

Always gonna get some wrong in this game eh. Just the way it is.

UDS was mine last season regards the Arkle. Though clearly that was more a protest vote as I had the hump Vautour wasn't allowed to dispatch him with the minimum of fuss :lol:

Christ I was a fence sitter regards Douvan in the Supreme :blink:

No way does Don Poli win a Gold Cup on anything other than bottomless ground.

Notre Per MkII

Last edited:
think you can still make a case for him but he's too short in the betting given two fairly unimpressive runs this season

I have travelled over 400 miles since my last post and got here just in time for the Lexus. Don Poli took nearly as long as I did to get there.

For a horse who won the Martin Pipe 2m4f and the RSA 3m on good ground I'm surprised you guys think he needs a bog to be at his best.

Good ground at 3 miles plus would seem to me what would bring the best out in him.

Didn't exactly look happy on that ground today unlike when he cruised to the front 2 out in the RSA on good ground.

May not win a Gold Cup but it won't be because he doesn't go on good ground or is a better horse on heavy

Don Poli might benefit from quicker ground, it's true.......the only problem with those conditions is that the winner will be getting hosed down, by the time he is jumping the last.

He won't be able to go the gallop in the Gold Cup.

Last edited:
Why is Vautour 6/4 for the Ryaniar then? The possibility that he goes to the GC is music to my ears, as I'm all over Smad Place for the Ryan.

Last edited:
Allowing Vautour to make the pace would fall right into Ruby's capable hands.
If Smad Place has the speed for a RyanAir, I'll give the game up, Marb.

Back