2016 Gold Cuppin

=archie;638666]If he doesn't fall on his hole. :whistle:

You'll know all about holes when your lad falls in one and you see him walking up the hill. :D

I can do 20 rounds :cool:

Both want a piece eh. :ninja:

Last edited:
Make sure your corner-man keeps plenty of towels handy, for when Walsh officially declares for Vautour, and Pendo gets the leg-up on Djak.

;)

Back on Topic I can't see Don Cossack being beat in the Gold Cup but what's annoying is Simon Rowlands appears to agree with me, sectional times and all:)

Seems DC's trainer is taking the more pragmatic approach, and applying blinds in an attempt to give him the hurry-up he clearly lacks. :)

Is that definite? I'll be delighted if Davy Russell rides him but I doubt if who rode what today will have any bearing on which horse Cooper will ride.

Two good horses like that he'll wait until the very last minute to decide....If Davy Russell ends up on DC to me that's a plus despite the fact Copper is an excellent pilot.

DO

Here is an example from today of why nobody should take RP standard times too seriously

Plumpton Standard times

16.97f Chase = 248.00
25.69f Chase = 375.00

per furlong the 16.97 chase = 14.61 per furlong........per furlong the 25.69 chase = 14.60 sec per furlong

so according to the RP..you can run 3 miles faster per furlong than you can 2 miles,,thats impossible.

its akin to saying that you can run 200 metre pace for a full 400 metres race.

industry standard?

thats one example..there are many many more..and yet i've seen people quote their figures like they are some kind of reference/benchmark.

If their standards are that flawed..how far out are their speed figures and going allowances?

Last edited:
If Walsh takes the ride, I will be crowing-away about Djakadam being a second-stringer.

If Townend takes the ride, I will be crowing-away about Walsh's shabby record in chases at the festival, and how he will have Djakadam on the deck at some point.

I cannot lose. ;)

:lol:

From the Mullins interview with the Sporting Life yesterday:

"I'd rather watch a film or something and get away from horses altogether," he said. "I switched over channels from Racing UK yesterday, as they had a review of last year's meeting on and I just passed on by. If Patrick has the winner of the Bumper or the National Hunt Chase or something we might come back in and watch that, but no, I don't watch them. Some people would watch the race 25 or 30 times but it's not something I like to do."
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Yet there was one race Mullins did watch back from last year's Festival. Can you guess what it is yet? That's right, Vautour's stunning effort in the JLT. Mullins said: "While everyone was watching the spectacle of him galloping and jumping, my heart was thumping. I watched that back again to enjoy it!"[/FONT]

I expect he goes to the bog, whenever a Djakadam replay comes on. ;)

notice RP website gone with "Djakadam leads powerful Mullins Gold Cup squad" as one of their headlines today

as if grassy needed any further reasons to despise that publication :lol:

From the Mullins interview with the Sporting Life yesterday:

"I'd rather watch a film or something and get away from horses altogether," he said. "I switched over channels from Racing UK yesterday, as they had a review of last year's meeting on and I just passed on by. If Patrick has the winner of the Bumper or the National Hunt Chase or something we might come back in and watch that, but no, I don't watch them. Some people would watch the race 25 or 30 times but it's not something I like to do."
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Yet there was one race Mullins did watch back from last year's Festival. Can you guess what it is yet? That's right, Vautour's stunning effort in the JLT. Mullins said: "While everyone was watching the spectacle of him galloping and jumping, my heart was thumping. I watched that back again to enjoy it!"[/FONT]

I expect he goes to the bog, whenever a Djakadam replay comes on. ;)

He'd have had no reason to watch anything back this season anyway! It certainly wouldn't set his heart thumping. A laboured victory over Petit Zig followed by getting out stayed by Cue Card at Christmas!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notice RP website gone with "Djakadam leads powerful Mullins Gold Cup squad" as one of their headlines today

as if grassy needed any further reasons to despise that publication :lol:

You will also have noticed it's a shi*tbox, James. The prosecution rests.

:lol:

He'd have had no reason to watch anything back this season anyway! It certainly wouldn't set his heart thumping. A laboured victory over Petit Zig followed by getting out stayed by Cue Card at Christmas!! ;)

I expect he isn't too worried when he knows he has a stone improvement to come, KA. ;)

I expect he isn't too worried when he knows he has a stone improvement to come, KA. ;)

A stone in hand maybe if he was racing over the shorter trip. But over 3m2f which with that hill will feel even further. Nah, don't think so. That's when the real boys get going. ;)

Make no mistake about it, he'll travel well for a long time but coming down that hill for the 2nd time approaching 3 out he'll start to feel that burn, his legs will feel heavier, his back will ache, he'll gasp for air and start to paddle. It's then the overdrive on the tank that is Don Poli and Djakadam will kick in. Vautour will be thinking why in the name of god did they send me this route when the Ryanair was there for the taking. Why didn't they listen to Ruby.

At this stage they've turned for home, the Dons will range up, Djak will range up, that burn by now has turned his legs to jelly and then..........he sees that ******* hill!!! He'll start to paddle under the burden as he watches Don Poli jump to the front and eat up that hill. Kempton comes to mind as Cue Card eyeballs him.

That's it, 'I've had enough' he thinks. 'Willie, where are you'?!! 'I'm..........

https://vimeo.com/157292172

Gold Cuppin

He liked it over 2m & 2m4f grass. Another 6.5 furlongs he wont be liking it!

He didn't like that nice flat kempton home straight much after 3m did he?

Pot kettle black there with the longest river in the world. ;)

D Nile. :D

Last edited:
I'm jealous of anybody who has an unwavering conviction about anything in this race. I can't ever remember a more open version and it'll surely all come down to the ground now.

Since last March I've leaned towards Vautour, Don Poli, Don Cossack, Djakadam and Cue Card but I've come to the conclusion that I can't be certain so will keep bets to a minimum and side with my heart; Cue Card and save the big bets for the next race and On The Fringe.

I think Vautour much the most likely winner for Mullins - if Ruby thought he had no chance of staying he wouldn't be running . I suspect they will hold him up .

Back