2019 Grand National

i have a feeling
Paul Townsend is having one of those years he can do no wrong.
I want David Noonan to get a ride that will propel him onto greater things as I think he is underutilised and his time cannot be far away.
Trevor Hemmings is on the cusp of making history as winningmost GN owner so best wishes to his trio.
Most of all i would love to see Tiger Roll continue to improve on his two runs this spring ; a friend of mine parked near the last hurdle at Navan thought he was a Champion hurdler the way he passed the others on the bridle; that form would win any National as would his Xcountry win; all he needs is luck in running.
Whatever you bet, best of luck all.

I've had him tucked away at 100/1 for some time fully expecting him to be backed. I just don't understand the price, and more so that there seems to be absolutely no money for him whatsoever.

I'm really struggling to fathom the market to be honest. It's definitely a classy National with a real wide open feel to it. The kind of feel that some big prices are likely to hit the frame or possibly even hit the front. There are very few no hopers, and the number of horses you could happily dismiss is in single figures.

Good luck all. I think we'll need it.

Years ago me and a friend of mine cornered Henry at the bar in Tramore racecourse and had a right chat with him.One of the things we quizzed him about was the price that some of his winners were on betfair and gave him specific examples -he was fairly surprised by the examples we gave him.The yard has continued on an upward trajectory since that day and it doesn't happen as much these days but Henry pointed out that the 50/1 on Minella Indo for the Albert Bartlett was a big price and a few of the lads helped themselves -betfair sp was 140ish.
I can assure you Maruco my information comes from a significant figure in the yard.

Brilliant achievement but as a punting race this is the end. Just Dutch the favourites, outsiders winning this race are long gone.

Unbelievable performance.

Terrible scenes at the first, can't imagine it'll be good news for poor Up for Review.

I think Rathvinden although aged 11 [Lightly raced though] is a talented class horse and game as they come

The best current odds of 33-1 are tempting

Ran a cracker to get the place money

Well done though to the Tiger...now an Aintree legend

Phenomenal horse that I have backed every time since before he won the Triumph. He may be small in stature but how big is his heart? Not ashamed to say I sat here in floods of tears as he passed the post. He's actually the perfect National horse as he's so well balanced and that's backed up by a brain. I think he pecked those couple of times as he was going so well.

2019 Grand National (including Final Declarations)

This is about my fifth attempt to post this - as some of you may know de Bromhead trains a couple of miles away from me -Valseur Lido form is in the book but what isn't is the fact that he had sore shins and they have been taking him to the beach and are now delighted with his jumping.I have lumped on at 100/1 and 40/1 (10 places).

Just snuck into 10th. Cheers for alerting me to the 40/1 on offer

Terrible news about Up for Review. Graham Wylie has had awful luck this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
At least I got some Returns.skybet did a yes/no bet.
False start....yes
Irish winner....yes
Tiger roll 1st 5....yes
More than 4L .....no
17 horses or less to finish....no

28/1

Just snuck into 10th. Cheers for alerting me to the 40/1 on offer

Terrible news about Up for Review. Graham Wylie has had awful luck this year

10 th place saved my bacon -I went for a right touch -all prices all markets.

I want to take some time to digest the result and the form. It's the first total wipeout I've had in the race for a long, long time. One For Arthur got a terrible ride on the second circuit otherwise might have made fourth or fifth place and that was as close as I got to a return.

When POBE was taken out I lumped on Rathvinden as the main back-up bet to Noble Endeavor but win only.

Many, many congratulations to all Tiger Roll's backers, especially those that got on early at 20/1 or bigger. He's a brilliant little animal and the result is great for the race and the sport (apart from who the owners are).

I haven't even checked through the result yet but I'm not sure many of mind got round - it was pandemonium in the brother's house with the favourite winning and Rathvinden running so well.

Last edited:
When do Bet365 credit your account? I did the 125 cash back offer and haven’t received it as of yet.

I did various bets and the cash back was credited within 20 minutes in each case

Back