2019 Grand National

Agreed but IIRC at least one reserve got in last year. I only backed him on value grounds, where the price was far too big, and it was NRNB so no harm done if he doesn’t get in.

:blink: :confused:

Strange decision, considering he was 10lbs well in and will be h'capped to the max at Fairyhouse.

Still, I'm taking it as a blessing in disguise. Saved me quite a bit of money as I had had three serious bites at it over the last couple of weeks. That frees up money for other bets.

Check your emails, B365 are doing half the money back offer again, it's usually account specific so I would check you qualify before going mad :)

This offer is available from Thursday 4th April 2019 until 11:59:59 UK Time on Saturday 6th April 2019.
[TABLE="width: 100%, align: center"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]How it works:
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]•
[/TD]
[TD]Add all of your selections for the Grand National to the bet slip.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]•
[/TD]
[TD]Tick the E/W box and enter a unit stake for each Grand National selection. The total stake will be double your unit stake(s).
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]•
[/TD]
[TD]Place your Each Way single bets and half of the total stake will be refunded, up to a maximum of £125 per customer.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]•
[/TD]
[TD]We will aim to credit your refund within two hours of bet placement.
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
See Significant Offer Terms & Conditions Below[SUP]*[/SUP].
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

This offer is only available to eligible bet365 customers who opened their account before 23:59:59 UK Time on Wednesday 3rd April 2019.

Check your emails, B365 are doing half the money back offer again, it's usually account specific so I would check you qualify before going mad :)

This offer is available from Thursday 4th April 2019 until 11:59:59 UK Time on Saturday 6th April 2019.
[TABLE="width: 100%, align: center"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]How it works:
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]•
[/TD]
[TD]Add all of your selections for the Grand National to the bet slip.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]•
[/TD]
[TD]Tick the E/W box and enter a unit stake for each Grand National selection. The total stake will be double your unit stake(s).
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]•
[/TD]
[TD]Place your Each Way single bets and half of the total stake will be refunded, up to a maximum of £125 per customer..

So that 5 * 25 ew bets will cost me £ 125 , what's the catch?

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

I think it works this way.

bet 125, get 62.50 back
bet 62.50 get 31.50 back
bet 31.50 get 16.75 back
bet 16.75 get 8.38 back
bet 8.38 get 4.19 back

is this right

125 is the maximum refund it says in t&c's. Interesting move, looking typically for office worker bets , "can u put this on for me, n times over"

Am having it the full hit

Edit .... 125 quid back in account an hour later. Excellent

Last edited:
Mark Enright and Barry Gerraghty off to hospital. Bad news for Anibale Fly and Noble Endeavour backers.

125 is the maximum refund it says in t&c's. Interesting move, looking typically for office worker bets , "can u put this on for me, n times over"

Am having it the full hit

Edit .... 125 quid back in account an hour later. Excellent

Sorry I didn't reply, but see you're sorted now :)
They've done it for a couple of years now

ITV4 Virtual Nash, peculiarly accurate simulation last couple of times - Rathvinden wins, Tiger Roll close second,
Anibele Fly, Vintage Clouds, jury duty, pleasant company (something like that for 3-6)

They do OK in terms of their 'winner' running well and should do so again but the rest of it is crap. Last year they had Chase The Spud running second. This year they had Vieux Lion Rouge and One For Arthur chasing the pace. That's never going to happen.

I might have to review my idea that this is an easy race to solve.

I'm struggling to rule out half the field and it might well come down as much to luck this year as ability.

In the big scheme of things I am still convinced Noble Endeavor is a get-round-and-it-wins candidate but my enthusiasm, I admit, is tempered by the fact that Tiger Roll does appear to be the stable number one. I do believe NE was targeting the race last year only for injury to get in the way and I believe he has been targeted for this year ever since as Elliott's main hope. But then I think Tiger Roll surprised them by improving unexpectedly. I'd like to think that's not really the case and they're using they TR hype to keep NE under the radar.

It looks like Ruby has convinced Willie to send POBE to Fairyhouse to clear the way for Rathvinden, which is a huge tip in itself, and it puts Rathvinden ahead of Pleasant Company who is weighted to beat TR on last year's form.

The ones that have been campaigned honestly will probably have had their winning chance compromised but could still run very well, eg Go Conquer (STD has opted for him over Ballyoptic, which has form with Joe Farrell), Lake View Lad, Vintage Clouds etc.

When Elliott said if he could get 15 in he'd run them all he wasn't kidding. The thing is, a lot of them can be given chances and a lot of them are big prices .

So while NE and Rathvinden are my 'big two', I'll be trying to maximise whatever value offers are out there in the morning about quite a few others.

This is about my fifth attempt to post this - as some of you may know de Bromhead trains a couple of miles away from me -Valseur Lido form is in the book but what isn't is the fact that he had sore shins and they have been taking him to the beach and are now delighted with his jumping.I have lumped on at 100/1 and 40/1 (10 places).

This is about my fifth attempt to post this - as some of you may know de Bromhead trains a couple of miles away from me -Valseur Lido form is in the book but what isn't is the fact that he had sore shins and they have been taking him to the beach and are now delighted with his jumping.I have lumped on at 100/1 and 40/1 (10 places).

You're getting me excited now.

I've had him tucked away at 100/1 for some time fully expecting him to be backed. I just don't understand the price, and more so that there seems to be absolutely no money for him whatsoever.

I'm really struggling to fathom the market to be honest. It's definitely a classy National with a real wide open feel to it. The kind of feel that some big prices are likely to hit the frame or possibly even hit the front. There are very few no hopers, and the number of horses you could happily dismiss is in single figures.

Good luck all. I think we'll need it.

Last edited:
It's definitely a classy National with a real wide open feel to it. The kind of feel that some big prices are likely to hit the frame or possibly even hit the front. There are very few no hopers, and the number of horses you could happily dismiss is in single figures.

Good luck all. I think we'll need it.

Agree.

Back