2022 Grand National

Not many have tried and few of them have gone in with a winning chance.

It's a meaningless stat. Don't worry about it.

Now that the Ayr race is out of the way, time to focus on the big one next Saturday,

I'd normally be desperate for the 5-day decs to come out but with all the sh1t going on around me right now I'm struggling to concentrate. Fortunately most of my main fancies are already backed.

I see Snow Leopardess is blue across the board this evening. That's probably in response to the enthusiasm for her on this morning's ITV show.

I certainly wouldn't let the notion/fact that she's a mare put me off. I'd be more worried about her handicap mark, to be honest.

Stamina questions as well. I've backed Escaria Ten and Eclair Surf so far. Like Longhouse Poet also but Fairyhouse more likely maybe.

For sure. Went on my list after the Pipe horse franked the Warwick form in the Ultima. Not certain to get in I suppose.

Eclair has shortened up a bit with a few firms today.

I am tempted between him and Cloth Cap as my main bets. Eclair Surf has fallen twice which puts me off a bit.

Other intended bets are Deise Aba and Phoenix Way each way.

I mentioned Deise as a huge price I like him for each way purposes. If they scratch him I do see he is also entered in the Whitbred so maybe that race might be more realistic for him.

Phoenix Way another who could surprise I think. I still maintain he is well handicapped on a line through Fanion.

He travelled like the rath of god when just behind Annsam, (who I see won again yesterday), and again when beating Fanion D'estruval the day that I saved Euro, (think I have probably sunk him since mind)!

Athough there are major stamina doubts he has proven class in his form which should allow him to travel well into the race for about three miles at least and then we will have see what's he really made of.

So yeah Eclair Surf and or Cloth Cap as main bets.

Deise Aba and Phoenix Way both each ways.

It's been a hard jumps season for me.

Bar the odd big price placer at the festival I haven't landed a proper blow on the enemy.

Last edited:
I learned decades ago not to let a dodgy jumping record put me off. Sometimes the fences wake a dodgy one up and make them jump better than they ever did!

Eclair Surf gets the vote then. That'll do.

If Cloth Cap wins I'll never forgive you. :)

What's your view on Phoenix, DO?

Are they pissing in the wind running him at this trip?

Anyone do a dosage profile on him for me?

Can someone look at the Dusart race for me, please. RP concluded that he jumped well, whereas I was disappointed in his jumping. I thought he was very deliberate at a lot of his fences and consistently out jumped by the leader. Perhaps I was seeing things or a bit too fixated on the up front contest. Help!

Can someone look at the Dusart race for me, please. RP concluded that he jumped well, whereas I was disappointed in his jumping. I thought he was very deliberate at a lot of his fences and consistently out jumped by the leader. Perhaps I was seeing things or a bit too fixated on the up front contest. Help!

When an octogenarian racereader starts asking chancers like us for help we're all fvcked :lol:

Eclair Surf gets the vote then. That'll do.

If Cloth Cap wins I'll never forgive you. :)

What's your view on Phoenix, DO?

Are they pissing in the wind running him at this trip?

Anyone do a dosage profile on him for me?

Phoenix took a heavy fall last time which is hard to forget.

Back