A Racehorse Of My Own

As everyone is posting their photos up today (and these have just arrived) , I thought some of you (I said some) would like to see a photo of a very happy owner at Lingfield last Thursday with Carly and of course, Bay Hawk sticking his tongue out.... yet again! B) (someone else for you to avoid at the races Uncle Goober!)

BayHawkwinsatLINGFIELD9thNov06004.jpg

Photo courtesy of Ray Wright.

How much younger, An? <_<

Careful with your answer as I'm very slowly beginning to like you..... in a very non sexual way of course. :)

I meant Helen Mirren for the horse Kathy. Hilary Swank for the stable lad and Reese Witherspoon as your good self.

:blink: Ermmm... thank you, An :lol: and moving very swiftly on.....The Hawk might be running again next weekend at Lingfield. I would be keen to have young J.P. Featherstone riding again so fingers crossed.

By the way, Brendan was really hopeful that Tora Bora would get his hat-trick at Exeter today (mentioned on his website) and he won really well despite the step up in class. A great result for the yard. Definitely a horse for the note books.

I am hoping our Diminuendo was down there at Exeter today (in the rain) with her camera to record it for the website. :)

Brilliant news. I knew I could count on you, Tracy. Go on, now tell me you didn't take your camera. :blink: :)

Originally posted by Diminuendo@Nov 17 2006, 04:23 PM
I was there and Tora Bora was the star of the day. :)

Tracy sent me two fantastic photos of Tora Bora this afternoon that were immediately put on Brendan's website. I think the photos were on the website before Brendan even arrived home. :D

The staff are immensely impressed Tracy and they couldn't believe how it all happened so quickly so thank you so much!

Originally posted by Galileo@Nov 17 2006, 10:39 PM
Come on Kathy admit it, how many times have you watched it!?
Twice, Galileo. :) Now, that the OH has sorted the video out, that's a different story. :shy:

I suggested to Brian that perhaps as his guests entered his house, there was a pressure-sensitive bit of flooring that set off the closing stages of LORD NOELIE's Royal & Sun Alliance - maybe your o/h could fix up the BAY HAWK charge to the post instead of a regular phone ringtone? :D

B) I'm not that bad... yet, Krizon.

Hopefully, the Hawk will be winning more than one race in his career on the race track so I am just going to enjoy every single race irrespective of the result.

Hopefully see you on Saturday, Krizon. :)

You have to - I missed what turned out to be Indies last ever race cos my work wouldnt let me have the time off, and I regretted it ever since ( mind you - I madre their lives HELL that day!! :lol: ). Their careers are short but expensive, and you have to get your moneys worth!!!! ;)

P.S. - did you change your mind on the colours Kathy? I couldnt se any clarety type of hue in them ( but they are nice!!! )

Pretty sure Krizon wonlt be anywhere near the sand at Lingfield on Saturday - sand maybe, but a whole lot more salubrious than the sand at Lingfield!

Originally posted by trudij@Nov 20 2006, 05:59 PM
P.S. - did you change your mind on the colours Kathy? I couldnt se any clarety type of hue in them ( but they are nice!!! )
I had about 48 hours to decide on the colours and design Trudi, so it was basically trying to keep it similar to Phoenix Reach's colours/design as they share the same sire, and throw in a bit of the Aston Villa colours too.

I really don't care what anyone thinks, I like them, and I am sure my Mum would too. B)

We have entered Bay Hawk for Wolverhampton on Monday as well but will probably take our chances with Lingfield on Saturday as we know BH has no problem with the surface even though Lingfield is the hotter race.

As for the jockey booking...... :)

Back