A Racehorse Of My Own

Hope he's ok Kathy, his run was too bad to be true - a couple of stone below what he's proved capable of.

Thanks, Gareth.

We went to see him before the race and he was practically asleep. He is such a different horse since he has been with Brendan, so laid back and relaxed. Personally, and I hate to criticise most jockeys but I felt that George had him beautifully switched off BUT too far off the pace for too long. As the horses in front quicked BH had an absolute mountain to climb - he is no sprinter.

I hope his leg injury is superficial and I will find out more later.

Well, that could certainly account for the out-of-character run, Kathy. Best of luck - let's hope it's nowt too serious.

fingers crossed that all is well, kathy! watched race live this time and at least the german commentator thought bay hawk had won, as he only noticed his mistake in calling them after the horses had crossed the line ..... ;)

Thanks, Crazyhorse. I am glad it's not just the commentators in this country that get it wrong at times!

Bay Hawk is a very stiff horse this morning but the bandages are now off. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to be anything too serious but he will be closely monitored for the next few days. I also wouldn't rule out seeing BH running over 2 miles again.

Crazyhorse, a nice win earlier today for Brendan with CLASSIC DREAM, a horse that was racing in Germany up until a few months ago. Now another winner for David Johnson.

Given the news of the latest incident at Wolves, perhaps you're best off avoiding the place until they sort the surface out Kathy.

Absolutely horrendous, Gareth. That was one reason I'm glad Bay Hawk stayed out the back on Saturday night .... although at some point (any point) I had hoped he had moved in a forward direction. :)

I hope there are soon more options available for BH at Lingfield. The staff there are much nicer. B)

Sadly, it looks like Bay Hawk has done a tendon. He walked out stiff the day after the Wolverhampton race. Having waited for the swelling to go down, a scan has confirmed the worst .

He will obviously be off the track now for a while, but he is in good hands. Brendan is insisting he makes sure I have a horse "in training" whilst Bay Hawk recovers so I will keep you posted.

These things happen in racing, and have happened to me before, unfortunately also at Wolverhampton. You have to stay positive though, and I am looking forward to seeing Bay Hawk racing again as he is strong, young and healthy and I love him to bits. He owes me absolutely nothing.

Oh Gawd Kathy, why did this have to happen to Bay Hawk? :(

If Brendan does offer you another horse for the time being ask if you can have Tora Bora or West Ridge!

Good Luck to you with BH.

I will, Tracy B)

Here are some of the photos of my trip to Brendan's yesterday, while we were waiting for the vet to arrive.

Brendan Jnr. with Bay Hawk and him riding Owlsbury Dream with Bay Hawk behind him. Owlsbury Dream is a mare with a very special meaning to him. Sorry about the "special effects" it was really foggy.

KATHYATMORESTEADWITHBRENDANBJAND-4.jpg

KATHYATMORESTEADWITHBRENDANBJAND-2.jpg

KATHYATMORESTEADWITHBRENDANBJANDBAY.jpg

Such a charming chap, Kathy - and I DO love that heart-shaped star! Best of luck with the tendon, it's a real bummer, all right. Let us know who Brendan proposes you take over next, won't you?

Will do, Krizon. He has lots of lovely horses. I may just "borrow" one whilst Bay Hawk is convalescing.

Here's Brendan getting into the Christmas spirit B) He said I could take a photo as long as I promised not to put in on the website.... he knows me better than that! It went on the website as soon as I got home. :D He has had a few calls from owners today commenting on his festive photo.

KATHYATMORESTEADWITHBRENDANBJAND-6.jpg

And here's my gorgeous boy!
KATHYATMORESTEADWITHBRENDANBJAND-5.jpg

Originally posted by Diminuendo@Dec 22 2006, 09:52 PM
Blimey if only Brendan was the real Father Christmas, I think a few more ladies would stay up all night to see him climb down their chimneys! :lol:
:lol:

I'll tell him to wear the Santa's hat with him to Fontwell tomorrow... and take some mistletoe....

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.

Back