Age of Reason

From their point of view a sweaty pie eating northerner in a an ancient Man utd shirt is complete resisitable

Euro,
Go for it. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. A cliche, but very true. And, there are ways to do it where you can exit stage left if it doesn't seem to be working out.

The balance of power really shifts between men and women when you hit 27-28, for Irish lads at least.

When I was in my early twenties, I had a lot of female friends. I went out very regularly. I was either a student or in a good job. But I (and a lot of my male friends who weren't very handsome) couldn't get laid for love nor money. A girlfriend was possible, but I pity the fool who is in a relationship aged 22.

Now 10-12 years later, most of my single mates have far more success with women. Both pickups, dates and brief flings. I have punched all the data into my supercomputer here, and the equation is:

If Age < 27, Male d(Shag) > Female d(Relationship)
If Age > 27, Male d(Shag) < Female d(Relationship) {although both are very large. So ladies will put out in the hope of turning wood into gold.}

where the function d(x) is the desire function.

This was true for my generation; I am told by female friends with younger sisters that said younger sisters are sluttier than they were when they were younger.

Interesting.

I've certainly noticed girls are more forward in the the UK than at home, both in bars/clubs and more generally. Better banter generally. Might be living in the north of England (the southerners I work with are a bit more uppity though even then they wouldn't approach say a typical Blackrock creature).

It's established that the sluttiness of girls in Dublin is directly correlated to what college they go/went to and, though I can't necessarily speak for women over say 26, I doubt time changes things like that.

It's established that the sluttiness of girls in Dublin is directly correlated to what college they go/went to and, though I can't necessarily speak for women over say 26, I doubt time changes things like that.

Fancy sitting on information like that, it's a bit like saying you know John Oxx has an unraced derby horse in his yard but not giving us any clues. :D

Interesting.

I've certainly noticed girls are more forward in the the UK than at home, both in bars/clubs and more generally. Better banter generally. Might be living in the north of England (the southerners I work with are a bit more uppity though even then they wouldn't approach say a typical Blackrock creature).

Northern people generally are far friendlier - particularly in big cities, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle, York etc.

Btw is there a graph which would plot the colleges and sluttiness of Dublin women? Just for reference of course.

Whenever I go to Dublin, I always try and stay at Trinity College (particularly out of term time as they have a huge number of beautiful rooms at very reasonable prices).

I would imagine it would be near the bottom of the pile on the sluttiness front?

In descending order:

DCU/DIT/NUIG*
UCC*
UCD blow ins
UCD homers

TCD
Kings Inns

You can use the inverse of that if you're looking for a meaningful relationship involving discussion of the complexities of EU competition law or the merits of Burke's contribution to the American Revolution...

*not in Dublin but plenty of graduates working in the city.

Last edited:
Northern people generally are far friendlier - particularly in big cities, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle, York etc.

Btw is there a graph which would plot the colleges and sluttiness of Dublin women? Just for reference of course.

:lol: Of course Martin!

Having spent the last 10 minutes reading through this thread Grainger & me must be twins!!!:ninja:

I have been in various relationships but am now single again & happy this way.OK,there are times when someone to share it with would be nice but I have met most of my ex's through day to day life so am not going out to try & find anyone.

To be honest though, I think I have batchelor written all over me:p

Just found out today that a raceday colleague, who's just had her 65th birthday, has been boffing one of the pretty fit security guys, who's barely hit 40. Most excellent!

Not that raceday colleague! But we'll keep you in mind for when she decides to go all Mrs Robinson on us... so keep dem eggs a-rollin', kiddo!

I got dumped tonight. You have to give the girl credit for wanting a bit more. Just when I thought I had this relationship thing cracked I'm sucked back into the single free for all. I'm off to drink beer and think about our future queen in her pants.

If you feel anywhere near as shite as I did two weeks ago when I had the same fate (though not from the same person she adds quickly!!) then you go for it.... then have a think, decide how to deal with things, enlist the help of some very very good friends and everything will work itself out.

then carry on drinking !!

Is Trudi still single?? Sounds like a hottie to me G!!! I can see it now, the first talking horses marriage - reception on the top deck of Dundalk Stadium on a cool Friday evening in November!!!;)

Back