Aintree - Thursday

Fancy Diamond Harry in the bowl think you can forget his gold cup run as his prep was bad after the breathing op. The flat track will be right up his street similar to Newbury in a lot of respects and also the ground should be perfect. Still think he travelled like a good horse at the beginning of year in the Betfair chase and the op might sort him out. 20/1 huge for me.

Whats the thinking on the train of thought that some of the Cheltenham horses didnt cover themselves in glory this week at Fairyhouse, and may be worth taking on over the next few days at Aintree?

A month between the two Festivals is longer than normal. The obvious way to look at this is that the extra time will be of benefit. But the extra week may lead to some animals going off the ball.

28th of April-the day my daughter makes her first communion.Need Nicholls to win this to pay for food and drink.

Cheers Luke, i'm away off foreign indefinitely on 1st May. Wanted to make sure if i'm going to get involved, that I get paid before I leave.

Travelling Luke, but ye never know after that.

3 months in China and South East Asia On The Bridle, then into Oz for a year, see what happens from there. Plan is to come back after a year through South America, but sure the stories i'm hearing from mates over there plans may well change. 2 good mates gone out (1 lad 5 years ago, the other about a year ago) and neither coming home any time soon. Going to keep an open mind.

I'm big EW on What A Friend in the Bowl.

Riverside Theatre in particular had a monstrously hard race in the Ryanair, Medermit similar and will always be the bridesmaid imo, Burton Port had a tough race in the Gold Cup and as has been pointed out on here may have had his fill for the season.

Medermit is tough as nails and is less likely to be affected than RT. Actually trading at longer odds for this than Hunt Ball which is ridiculous.

Burton Port had a tough race in the Gold Cup and as has been pointed out on here may have had his fill for the season.

Remember Burton Port having a hard run in RSA 2 years ago, and drifting like a barge before the novice chase at Aintree, only to absolutely hack up. Similar scenario today?

I don't think it is. That particular RSA was slowly run and not particulary gruelling and the novice event he won subsequently here was severely lacking in quality.

I don't think it is. That particular RSA was slowly run and not particulary gruelling and the novice event he won subsequently here was severely lacking in quality.

True in terms of the quality of that race, but he did travel much more sweetly at Aintree than in the RSA, and I could see the same scenario here. In regards to quality, surely the same accusation could be levelled at this given how many people believe that a horse who won a novice handicap off 142 last time is the best in the race. ;)

3 months in China and South East Asia On The Bridle, then into Oz for a year, see what happens from there. Plan is to come back after a year through South America, but sure the stories i'm hearing from mates over there plans may well change. 2 good mates gone out (1 lad 5 years ago, the other about a year ago) and neither coming home any time soon. Going to keep an open mind.

Good luck Hezz, sounds like you've got a great time ahead of you.

Best of luck with it Hezz!!

Back