All Read Please

Originally posted by Ardross@Feb 4 2006, 11:19 AM
DIVER - it wasn't your posting I was referring to but that of tetley which I don't think was intended humorously .
Not often you're right Ardross but you are wrong again. It was a tounge in cheek remark. Unlike you, I did see the sense of humour.

As a Moderator who frequently takes deleting member's postings to extreme limits making a mockery of the moderator's criteria of being objective, I think you need to consider your comments more carefully, James. If I received as many negative comments from the forum members on here about my moderating activities when the rest of us don't, I would be seriously reconsidering whether I should actually be doing it. And the reason I am writing this publicly, rather than PM'ing you, is because I have done recently that with very little effect and the same courtesy wasn't extended to me on this occasion.

I locked the poll - knowing full well there was no way you wouldn't have the last word - because instead of a rational discussion on whether the level of swearing on the forum was acceptable or not, it had degenerated into little more than a slanging match containing as many swear words as possible.

James, I'm supporting Songy on this. Time and again there are negative vibes because of your over-enthusiastic editing or deleting. It was mildly funny at one time - about two years ago - but I'm afraid even my pretty elasticated patience has finally given way with the swearing poll coming out of the blue, and various deletions apparently at whim. I'm putting this out on open forum, because perhaps we've arrived at the point where the previously-mooted idea that Moderators should step down, or at least put themselves up for a 're-election' after a year's moderating, has arrived. By my reckoning, that's you, Songsheet, and BrianH all due to be either replaced or re-elected as Moderators.

Did you say assassinations, DIVER? :o A trifle harsh, perhaps...

... oh, RESIGNATIONS! Sorry - I must need new specs.

Nobody wants you to do so, we just want you to resign as a moderator. Why don't we have a poll for that? Bet there would be more response than your swearing poll.

People are finally starting to see you for what you are.

I have made my feelings known privately to most moderators that I cannot be bothered to post when contributions are arbitrarily altered and deleted.

That I know does not amount to a hill of beans, and it would be pompous of me to think otherwise. However, I will continue to look in and enjoy this forum, but will not post regularly while Ardross continues to be a censor.

Ardross, I will try and put you in contact with Graeme Souness if you want advice on how to deal with the pressure you are experiencing at this time

However, I will continue to look in and enjoy this forum, but will not post regularly while Ardross continues to be a censor.

He may know **** all about anything, but I enjoy An Capall's contributions to this forum immensely. If he isn't posting as much, this forum is a poorer place.

I am going to risk incurring the wrath of Ardross, and ask him to tender his resignation. He causes a lot more problems than he solves. Sorry, mate.

A moderator surely has to be balanced and fair at all times. A moderator can never be arrogant or self-righteous. They can't get involved in squabbles and pick on other members of the forum with snide comments.

Originally posted by bigeeps@Feb 7 2006, 10:06 AM
A moderator surely has to be balanced and fair at all times. A moderator can never be arrogant or self-righteous. They can't get involved in squabbles and pick on other members of the forum with snide comments.
No point in me applying, then <_< <_<

Brian,
it would be simple to set your forum up as "if you can see this you can enter"

Now it looks like the Gestapo headquarters. :D

Back