All Read Please

Strange place this, sometimes. A moderator runs a poll on whether to impose a certain ban. 55% of the voters(tiny percentage of the membership, granted) prefer to leave things alone and so we have a ban. I am considering my position, as they say in pc circles.

Wottalarf: there's a thread where some people are espousing amazement that a cartoon of a major religion's prophet draws the wrath and ire of its followers, even defending the right of the cartoonist to inflame what's already a difficult global situation, while we fuss about the occasional outburst of coarseness on here?

Truly, Little Britain at its tiniest.

Originally posted by DIVER@Feb 3 2006, 07:22 PM
Strange place this, sometimes. A moderator runs a poll on whether to impose a certain ban. 55% of the voters(tiny percentage of the membership, granted) prefer to leave things alone and so we have a ban. I am considering my position, as they say in pc circles.
You call that a poll you could vote three ways for a swearing ban but only one for no swearing. I too am considering my position.

Oh and by the way I have never used a swear word on here.

Originally posted by Desert Orchid@Feb 3 2006, 04:00 PM
I didn't inform a mod of the offending remark as I appreciate they have lives of their own and have better things to do than 'haud the jaikits' when a stupid squabble arises. I also reckoned by humiliating the offender as openly as he tried to humiliate me it would generate a bit of interesting reading. Maybe I've taken Col's reminders about what the forum's rules are all about a wee bit personally. If they weren't aimed at me, then I'm not reading enough of other people's postings :what:
I was supposed to put this post up last weekend, but never got round to it, it just so happened your squabble happened just before I did post it so obviously it looks like it was aimed at you, I did actually think of saying in the original post it wasn't aimed at you then decided it would make it seem even more like it was, so didn't :) (if that makes any sense at all!)!

Originally posted by DIVER@Feb 3 2006, 06:22 PM
I put the filters on for those 2 words just to show the forum does have a swear filter if I choose to use it. Ill remove them when the poll moves from the first page so I don't look stupid when someone tries to post **** to test it and it doesn't star it out :). It's hardly a ban on swearing when there's only 2 words censored :)

Oh and cheers Stav, wait till your car breaks down again :angry:

Considering your position ?

What self-important nonsense . The purpose of the swearing thread was simply to gauge opinion. I am baffled by the three options to one point . What other options should there have been tetley ? The C and F words for many people are the only swear words that retain the power to offend .Some people still regard bloody as a swear word . I have no real strong opinions on the matter except I don't like the C word.

Col no doubt takes into account the opinion of forum members - when it was locked by Songsheet ( for reasons I cannot fathom , as why should forum members views only be canvassed when all Moderators decide they have a right to express an opinion ) there was a narrow majority in favour of no ban .

It's his forum he will decide.

DIVER - it wasn't your posting I was referring to but that of tetley which I don't think was intended humorously .

Ardross - PLEASE! Tetley has a total right to say what he likes, hasn't he? One minute we're all for free speech/no censorship and now you're actually being censorious over someone merely opining. What next? Shall we all offer you our postings for approval first? I am honestly, truly, getting very seriously fed up with this constant snarling at people. I am very close to being minded to delete the entire bloody topic on swearing.

Indeed he has that right . I have the right to criticise his posting , the implication of which is that the poll question was phrased to get one result - bilge

Which one is Krizon?

MODS-3.jpg

Yesssssssssssss.... (nasty hissing sound between teeth).... I think that visits to any southern courses during the next ten years would be singularly ill-advised...

... as if I'd be seen dead on that thing! If it ain't a Hawg, it's a dawg!

Back