Another "Hen & Terry" horse with forum involvement

Ian R

At the Start
Thought I'd pinch your title (I did advertise the shares on here, two of the forum joined the partnership, one forum member still has a share and the horse is with Hen and Terry !)
Winds and Dragons, now with H. Knight, make his 2nd racecourse appearance in 18 months at Fontwell on Sunday.

Good luck with him, Ian. Somehow I think it would be pushing it to get involved in another horse at the moment though I'm afraid!

If they keep on winning though the opportunity to take over from Princess Haya as leading lady owner could still arise though!!

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that the shares were still available - I was just nicking your title. The shares were taken up long ago.
Basically he is our Lord Noelie replacement but hasn't quite lived up to his predecessor.
Maybe a Moderator can change the topic title before some of our partnership members have a heart attack,

I can only hope I get another outdoor job on Sunday - last meeting was the very first time since 1999 at Fonty that I've actually seen the damn racing! Good luck to WAD. It's been dampish at night but ground is drying out slightly, so I should think it'll be somewhere like Good to Soft in Places for Sunday, unless there's a right old storm.

Best of Luck with Winds and Dragons today, Ian & co. I was in two minds to go to Fontwell.... I love the course, but due to work commitments, I am off to Kempton instead to cheer on Cape Greko.

Have a great day! :)

Good luck to all.

I couldn't help noticing that the momey won yesterday by Ms Haddock would pay for today's entire card at Fontwell nearly 30 times over. The prize money today is truly miserable.

Good luck with him - will be watching with interest. He ran a promising race in his bumper I thought, certainly better than the bare form would suggest.

Got a real treat today - for the first time in many seasons at Fontwell, finished in time to see the third race onwards! Many in the race looked extremely fit, especially REIDWIL who crashed out at the last when holding every chance, and KILLULTAGH STAR. To be honest, WAD walks like his front legs are tied together - he's got rather upright pasterns and sure doesn't walk freely. He ballooned the first as if astounded to find a hurdle in his path and his first circuit was naturally rather green. However, the further he went, the better he got, and once he'd been settled and allowed to calm down, he ran very nicely indeed and he's got plenty of scope. The senior lad of the stable staff (easily identified by their HSS Hire Shop jackets!) said they were pleased with his run, and thought it was 'nice'. So, well done, Executive Racing III.

He ballooned the first as if astounded to find a hurdle in his path and his first circuit was naturally rather green
I agree he ran very green - he ballooned the 1st and 2nd but not surprising as it was his first time over hurdles. He took a long time to warm up but we were very happy with that performance.

As I said - 'naturally rather green', but he could've been seriously novicey, which he wasn't. Really keen into the first lot, but Sam T rode a very sensible race and settled him into a calmer mode for the next circuit, where he put in a much better display. Wasn't fazed by the sight of the tumbled Timbo, either - though the reverse could not be said! :blink:

Originally posted by Ian R@Feb 4 2007, 10:28 PM
He ballooned the first as if astounded to find a hurdle in his path and his first circuit was naturally rather green
I agree he ran very green - he ballooned the 1st and 2nd but not surprising as it was his first time over hurdles. He took a long time to warm up but we were very happy with that performance.
Great news. I will watch with increased interest on his next outing.

Back