Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

Not ante post anymore, but anyway.

I'm torn between three horses for the Sprint on Saturday. Can anyone help me out, what would you back of the three if the gun was at your head, and why. Saying to me don't have a bet is not allowed, that's a fannies way out.

El Bodon. Placed form in a group race and had the all important gelding operation, which appeals to me. No real form of soft ground though, if that's how it comes up.

Quest For fun. A horse I've believed wants 6 furlongs for a while. He gets it here, and his soft or heavy ground, but he does he have enough class? Would he be better over the same conditions, but in a class 3 or 4 now.

Secret Guest. This has improved lately, especially since the win operation. He has an each way chance for sure, although at the moment is third choice of the three for me.

Any help appreciated.

Can't say as I've looked all through it or have a fancy of my own but had a quick look for you Marb all the pace is centre to high so think the high draw is favourable. Quest for Fun has a high draw is a big price and has already placed twice at York off higher marks at 7f. Looking at how those went a more forceful ride over the 6f here off a lower mark if drawn in the right place which I think he is should see him go close again out of your 3 marb gun to my head that's the one I'd be on but my mrs has me well insured so its win win.

Can't say as I've looked all through it or have a fancy of my own but had a quick look for you Marb all the pace is centre to high so think the high draw is favourable. Quest for Fun has a high draw is a big price and has already placed twice at York off higher marks at 7f. Looking at how those went a more forceful ride over the 6f here off a lower mark if drawn in the right place which I think he is should see him go close again out of your 3 marb gun to my head that's the one I'd be on but my mrs has me well insured so its win win.
Cheers Danny.

I've obviously got a long shortlist. Even Archduke Ferdinand is interesting now stepped up in class and bang in form. Then there's Orazio, but no one can be sure what Orazio will turn up.

I'll stick with Quest For Fun as a token pick in the yankee. He like the ground and 6F is what he needs. A class two is a big ask, but what the hell, eh.

Best of luck Marb if you look at how Easterby's have run today at york Marb he couldnt have his string in better order.

Balmoral handicap. Oct19th.

Ouzo 50/1 too big imo.
Bopedro 25/1. Bet365 also too big.

They will do for me.

Last edited:
I reckon JP has one of the best prospects he had in years and will be one to follow this coming season.

He oozes class and once we know what his Cheltenham target is he should be backed without hesitation

Majborough who might go Arkle despite his young age​

Back