Ante-Post Punting Plans/Propositions Thread.

Ground apparently despite being by Frankel out of a mare who acted on heavy. Hughie Morrison another old cunt who should do a Stoute and retire. Wanker.

Nice one, Reet. I did Cuban Grey the last time it ran at York, so had to to follow you in today, over the shorter distance.

I don't think there's any ante post prices for the Bronze and Silver Cups, with the three handicaps at Ayr all being tied in based on who makes the cut for what race. It doesn't matter to me anyway, as I want to see these two declared before throwing any money away.

One horse who is interesting if dropped back to six furlongs is Quest For Fun, from Tim Easterby's yard. He's battle hardened over seven furlongs in his racing career. However, there are question marks on this seasons form whether he is seeing out the seven furlong trip, so you could argue he's crying out for the drop to six furlongs now. I haven't been through all the weights yet, but I think he'd make the cut for the Silver Cup, and his handicap mark is workable.

Timothy Easterby has another horse I'm keeping an eye on called Valentine Catcher, who is not battle hardened, and the complete opposite to Quest For Fun, but still could be on the upward cup. He wasn't disgraced last time, where he may have just bounced second time out, after an excellent come back run, when winning first time out after his gelding operation. He actually had some half decent novice form too, so overall his profile for a race like the Ayr Bronze Cup is quite good.

Last edited:
Relief Rally for the sprint at Newbury on Saturday - Hills are going 4s, 8s generally available still very backable. Powers initially went 12s which was crazy.

Ayr Gold Cup - Wiltshire 12/1, 5 places (Betfred) - I haven't studied the form for this yet and can't say I'm familiar with the horse but Haggas targets this race, has held this one back for three months and has entered it for the Champion Sprint race so I have to assume he rates it some way better than 101. It isn't like me to back a 12/1 shot at this stage; I'm usually looking for much bigger and likely to shorten but my gut is churning with this one and I can see it as the type Kealy or Segal would put up which would see it shorten.

There's some evidence he doesn't like it too fast...and if it doesn't rain (as seems possible) it could well be GF by Saturday - "The ground went against him last time as it was a bit quick and he didn't let himself down on it."

Cheers, chaumi. It didn't occur to me to check going requirements but I might get the chance to cash out and will decide if and when.

That said, I welcome the idea of an Ayr Gold Cup on fast ground. It doesn't happen all that often and they'll probably water the buggery out of it. They're calling it G/G-S just now but the going stick reading is 7.9 which would be fast on any other course.

There's no Turftrax map up yet.

Marhaba The Champ is in to run on Thursday and it will be a big surprise if KR lets him go on anything softer than good. That should at least be a clue to ground conditions come Thursday. But you're right DO, they could flood it at any time.

I almost had a huge antipost double on Constitution Hill and Bedtime Story...as luck would have it zI decided against it.. can't believe she finished stone last. What put me off was the price they were offering on Sunday..I would have made her 1/3 so something didn't sit well with it

Cambridgeshire. I'm a little surprised Holloway Boy is as big as 33s (WH ).
His consistency his probably not helping his handicap mark, but given good, good to firm ground, he must go well. 33/1 looks generous to me.
Unfortunately for me, Karl Burke said on Atr today, he's likely to go to the Balmoral on Champions day. Doubt he'll get decent ground there.

Back