Anybody got a portfolio for Cheltenham yet?

Anyone know what the plans are regarding the rebuild?

Are they going to minimise the disruption by building amazing viewing points or are they going to just see what happens for this last year before the new stands?

Last edited:
Love novice chasers

Tullow Tank at 16's for either big novice race is enough for me to dip my wick this early

I tweeted Paddy Power about a price for Apache Stronghold and they offered me 33s which wasn't enough to compensate for the Meade factor. Both look immense chasing prospects.

I tweeted Paddy Power about a price for Apache Stronghold and they offered me 33s which wasn't enough to compensate for the Meade factor. Both look immense chasing prospects.

On paper it looks a serious crop of young Irish jumpers.

Hopefully something like Pont Alexandre can return to some form.

Apache is in my notebook too Nick but don't think he will win outside of Ireland

Love novice chasers

Tullow Tank at 16's for either big novice race is enough for me to dip my wick this early

Probably the horse I'm most looking forward to seeing as a novice chaser, though I confess 16/1 was too thin for my tastes - he could conceivably run in any of the three championship NCs at the Festival.

Last edited:
In what way is it sad? Some people genuinely don't give a sh*it about the Flat season - you need to get over it.

I'm quite happy to leave you to your Flattie threads throughout the summer, and have long since (I'm talking years) stopped yanking the chains of the contibutors, because there was no sport left in it.

If you want to discuss the Flat, then clear-off back to those threads. Indeed, why post at all, when this one is clearly sign-posted as being about the Festival?

:cool:[/QUOTE

I believe a good solution to this ,is to have a Cheltenham sub forum ,similar to the one We had for the world cup. If admin could open one ,I am pretty sure ,Jakers would organise the races and different topics. It certainly worked at the neigh forum and was clear and easy navigated.
How do We contact admin?

I believe a good solution to this ,is to have a Cheltenham sub forum ,similar to the one We had for the world cup. If admin could open one ,I am pretty sure ,Jakers would organise the races and different topics. It certainly worked at the neigh forum and was clear and easy navigated.
How do We contact admin?

no more sub-forums.

It would mean an end to the road to etc etc and will be plentiful of jumps action with no Chelt involvement to discuss

I'd be against a sub forum also.

and threads about, say, the King George (not that one) (or that one) which inevitably turn into a discussion of how the leading protagonists will fare at Chelters would then require to be split or be in the wrong forum.

Yeah one board. This forums simplicity and quality of debate (usually anyway!) is what makes it so good.

Only Power betting on the race from what I can see, and only Vautour quoted (4/1).

Last edited:
Surely Vautour's wheels would need to fall off for WM to even give the Jewson a thought.

I can't see either Faugheen or Vatour being put in a position where they might be beaten before Cheltenham.

WM is a dab hand at placing his classier horses in Irish races where everything else runs to the hills.

yeah gonna be a laugh when he sticks annie power in the mares race causing loads of uproar

3.20 on the Tuesday is where that ones heading

Yeah I'm easily confused by this ditch jumping nonsense. My mistake.

Faugheen - Champion
Vaultour - Jewson
Arkle - Un De Sceaux

That's the 3 legs of a Lucky 15 life changer. It's important to remember the whole year that Willie Mullins runners are fairly related in that only one will go for each race so there is an edge in getting the right horses for the right races in multiples. This will be over the head of a few on here.

Two of them are chases, and Willie's record in those is less than glorious. He'll probably throw his weakest horse at the Arkle in case Josses Hill is Sprinter Sacre mark II

I don't expect the bet to win, I just expect to have my money in ridiculously good on the day when I'm right. That's all you can do at this time of year. Back the winners on the day, find the mind blowing value now. Getting three of his horses that could go for multiple races in the right races in multiples is compounding value. You'll either be completely right or completely wrong.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm easily confused by this ditch jumping nonsense. My mistake.

Faugheen - Champion
Vaultour - Jewson
Arkle - Un De Sceaux

That's the 3 legs of a Lucky 15 life changer. It's important to remember the whole year that Willie Mullins runners are fairly related in that only one will go for each race so there is an edge in getting the right horses for the right races in multiples. This will be over the head of a few on here.

Champagne Fever for the GC can be added to that at 14/1

Back