Arc 2010

Anyone else find Timeform gone quite a long way over the top rating Behkabad and Planteur 130 and 129 respectively?

I really like these two but would see Fame at about 131/132 with these two about half a stone behind him (i.e. mid-120s).

my feeling is that Bekhahad and Planteur are 120-122 horse, and in that range there are many horses able to run as good as them if not better int he Arc

I dont know in the bookies, but in France FAG will not be in the top of the betting, thats for sure, Aga Khans horse will be favorite.

As much as I like him, the Aga Khan's horse is much too short at the moment in relation to say Plantuer... surely he is almost certain to drift?

I think Fame would probably start favourite in his own terms here in the UK, but as Gearoid says coupled with CB in Paris (if they both line up) they surely would be very short.

Beating Confront with no imformation of the weights carried. Very informative.

never saw you say this on a thread Flame puts up re who is running well on the gallops..where the same applies

speed figures are no good - sectionals are no good..and now gallops mean nothing - what do you use..a pin?

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can get hold of entries and decs for Arc day? I'm going this year and would like to get a head start on my form study!

Cheers CL - After much searching of the site I found the entries. First forfeit stage is tomorrow, with supplemental entries due by the 29th for anyone who is interested.

Really hope they change their mind and keep Cape Blanco for the Breeders Cup....particularly if there is rain this week.

Dry week forecast but rain forecast for Saturday and Sunday. Be surprised if it's much worse than Good to Soft to be honest.

Hope he runs, he has an outstanding chance imo.

Cape Blanco will really need to have an iron consistution to have taken in the French Derby, Irish Derby, King George, Irish Champion and be expected to peak in the Arc over 12 furlongs.

The campaign does worry me more than the trip.

I just think he's a better three year old than the two French ones and Workforce and with the preparation his stablemate has had, he's in a strong position to take the race but I know what you mean, he's had a tough time but then he seems a tough animal himself.

I presume Heffernan will ride?

Really hope they change their mind and keep Cape Blanco for the Breeders Cup....particularly if there is rain this week.

I'm sure they only intend to run him as a sort of back up to Fame if the going is fastish. I don't think they will put him through this if it turns soft.

I just think he's a better three year old than the two French ones and Workforce and with the preparation his stablemate has had, he's in a strong position to take the race but I know what you mean, he's had a tough time but then he seems a tough animal himself.

The trip doesn't worry me at all for CB, even though they keep trying to emphasise his speed over stamina.

I thought the arrangement was that Heffernan was second jock in Ireland and O'Donoghue in the UK; and I think that extends to France but someone will correct me no doubt!

Surely it depends on whether Workforce turns up - if he does not I imagine they will offer the ride on Cape Blanco to Moore.

Following downpours on Sunday and Monday, clerk of the course Christian Delporte said: "We have had 30mm during the past four days. The going is currently soft and nearly very soft. There is the risk of more rain on Thursday and Friday - it just depends whether it is 2mm or 20mm. For the moment, I feel the going will be soft for the Arc meeting

Back