Arc 2010

I seem to remember Percy's Lass ended her career as a bit of a moo as well - still she produced a Derby winner so perhaps Sariska has that in mind!

I don't see that happening to a top class Stoute or Gosden filly. She's been poorly managed imo

You can get out of it by stating "filly", but may I mention Spanish moon's diffculties? Can affect any trainer, even stoute

Last edited:
Having said that, there are a few around who have said that Bell is quite hard on his horses.

I have heard rumours that Sariska has been troubled by injuries, how true they are I wouldn't like to say but that would certainly make sense in light of her behaviour.

Maybe a little although I did cover with Midday so I didn't lose anything. I just think some of these ex public schoolboy trainers haven't got the credentials and get by on the connections they made when they were assistants. I can't understand why anyone would send them horses to train when there are so many other superior handlers.

You're not seriously asking me to list the trainers who are better imo than Michael Bell or Margus Tregoning. :lol:

I completely agree with your sentiments regarding Bell and Tregoning but to blame Bell for Sariska's behaviour is absurd and you're simply pocket talking.

You knew it was to be expected, connections have done what they could with her and you just have to accept you've done your money. I backed her at York and had no complaints.

You're not seriously asking me to list the trainers who are better imo than Michael Bell or Margus Tregoning. :lol:

Yes I am... I think Bell is a good trainer. Tregoning not so good but I think Bell has proven plenty of times that he can train a good un.

I want to see this list of working class hero's you're ranting about.

I want to see this list of working class hero's you're ranting about.

Fahey
Johnston
Ryan

to name three. And whilst Roger Charlton, Jeremy Noseda and William Haggas have never seen a council estate up here they are all fine trainers I'd have my horses with in a second if I were a rich man.

but I think Bell has proven plenty of times that he can train a good un.

He made a right pigs ear of Motivator's career imo.

Last edited:
Agree .. I just think people got carried away with how good Motivator was, and that was about it.

As a 128/9 animal over 12f he was always gonna struggle to pick up a big prize over a shorter trip. He should never have run in the Eclipse and the Irish Champion. He might have done ok at York though, the International has been a good hunting ground for high class 12f horses over the years and of course he was a c/d winner there.

Last edited:
I dont see why 10f at York should be any more suitable for a supposed 12f only horse than 10f at Sandown? Sandown probably takes more getting

Would always say that the eclipse can be very hard to win after the derby though and even those that have performed well enough, have not always run to their best

Back