Arc 2010

I don’t think this will inconvenience him at all in fact it might be of benefit that he is prepared at home. AOB is capable of getting a horse ready when he wants to. Ladbrokes have held firm at 3/1, anything bigger looks value to me.

He's not been out of training as they were preparing him for the Irish Champion Stakes, so the two-months has not exactly been a break and is nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
I have an idea for improving the Leger meeting . The September Stakes is now a joke for a UK Arc trial being on the AW and the Newbury race comes too late - adding a Group 2 for 4 yo and upwards over 12f would be very useful .

Not it seems here BTB but the Foy is such a race in France is it not ? I do not see why we should not have one. The Niel has occasionally undermined the Leger admittedly not so much in the recent past but it would be better if the race was for the older horses .

Midday vs Sariska vs Sarafina vs Plumania in the Vermeille.

Behkabad vs Planteur vs Apres Vous in the Niel

Byword in the Foy.

Looks a pretty informative day in store. Only just looking at Apres Vous now, a Fabre horse owned by Coolmore...never heard of him before.

I'm backing Sariska tomorrow. It was obvious her not starting at York would be over-factored in her odds wherever she ran next. There is no reason to believe Midday is suddenly the better filly and Sarafina is not a guaranteed stayer. 5.1 on the machine last time I looked.

I think you can back both really now. I'd be most disappointed if they couldn't take care of the vastly overrated French 3yos.

Midday is a much better horse this year . I think she will win .

I am not sure she has needed to produce anything better this year than her very best last year. When you say much better....5lb, 10lb?

I would fancy Midday to win tomorrow, Sariska might come out out the stalls but you would wonder could possible temperment issues now show themselves in different ways.

Well she cantered all over Stacelita at Goodwood and Snow Fairy at York - visually she seems to have more speed - she looked a grinder at 3 .

Snow Fairy is the best of a bad bunch of 3 year old fillies and Stacelita over 10 furlongs on fast ground is not likely to be seen at her best.

I think she is a top top filly but I don't really see what she has one this year that is that much (if at all) better than last season. It is a feat in itself to keep a 4 year old filly to retain all her ability.

The ground was not fast on the final day as I remember . Wasn't there some rain overnight ?

As for Snow Fairy that is harsh - over 12f this afternoon she would have hacked up .

It was Good To Firm - but even on good ground Stacelita over 10 furlongs on a track like Goodwood is very beatable.

But anyway we are going around a bit, I agree with you that she is top class, but she was top class last year and I just question the notion that she is "much better" this year.

I know I got a price but these things happens time and again, trainers like Bell and Tregoning is another being in charge of prime horse flesh. It's the equivalent of Man Utd or Liverpool being managed by Phil Brown or Iain Dowie. Premier League talent in the charge of League 1 trainers. I got almost 9/2 and considered her maybe a 9/4 shot to race. She'd have won as well that's the galling thing.

They took her to lingfield with other horses and jumped her a few times. I'm not sure Mr Bell could do anything about that. Once a horse has learn't that trick you're pretty much doomed to failure whatever you do imo

Yup more a shame that we didn't find out whether Midday has improved that much this year or whether the 3 year olds are a modest bunch

Back