Arkles Quiz

• Thread starter Thread starter ArkleSupreme
  • Start date Start date
Well done again, Diamond Geezer, and I gave that stat to Big Mac at the racecourse BEFORE Binocular won the Champion Hurdle ,which I predicted he would though Tanya Stevenson said it wouldn't happen,so he could air it on TV... though he didn't use it for some unknown reason...probably forgot it !

DIAMOND GEEZER 3
RORYDELARGY 2
BAR THE BULL 1
HAPPY JACK 1
SEQUOYAH 1

9.What did Ireland achieve for the first time in 2000 which they had not achieved since 1957 ?

Way out,Edgt !

Next !

BTW...Are you from Cork originally ?

My best friend's family are from Cobh and I stayed there a few times before whilst I went racing to Leopardstown and Curragh quite a few times in the 80s and 90s also and was in my element in the Arkle Suite at Leopardstown with my host,David Austin !

Last edited:
The topic remains Horse Racing, Swedish Chef !

Any more for any more ?

Don't you like my exclamation marks, Simmo ?

I will try and reduce their appearance when I post if they give you a problem.

Happy now and any answer to the current question ?

I will give it until 1700 today and if the answer is still outstanding I will reveal it and move on to the next question.

That is not the correct answer,Socks.

Any more ?

You will kick yourselves when I tell you..... and I actually gave the stat to Big Mac on course before the event happened,and he then announced it on C4 !

Last edited:
Thanks for that ,BennyB...I most certainly am not...though I was pleased to get one over on her when she dismissed my suggestion that Nicky Henderson was going to equal Vic Smyth's long-standing record in the Champion Hurdle BEFORE Binocular won it in 2010 !

Nowadays,due to plentiful family commitments I don't attend meetings the way I used to,though when I did I was always on hand to give Big Mac a stat or two,if present at the same meeting !

The answer to question 9 ....and some of you may remember Big Mac saying "Ireland won the Grand National and the Derby in the same year for the first time since 1958 when Mr What and Hard Ridden did it" and he got the stat from yours truly...trouble is I told him it would happen BEFORE the 2000 Derby,on-course at Epsom,but I backed the wrong Irish horse,O'Brien's unplaced Aristotle,whilst Sinndar won it to add to Papillon's National win.....though I was on that particular gamble ,fortunately !

Last edited:
10.Who trained and what was the name of the only horse to beat both Arkle and Mill House over fences,when both completed the course, and which races were they in ?

Sorry ,edgt...another typo by me !!!

Corrected now....ggggrrrrrr !!!!

Nice one, edgt....I remember Stopped too.

Last edited:
Back