Arse Cup

Queally on Midday - ok she was evidently not at her best but his "ability" to get her boxed in from being in pole position beggars belief.

The whole BBC racing team.

Actually watched Chepstow on ATR

Persaud, Balding, McGrath, Fitz and the fat bookies.....cringeworthy

He's what you would call a Troll in modern day terms.

Would like to say I object strongly about the title of this thread and ask that it should be changed to keep some level of professionalism on the forum.

Last edited:
He's what you would call a Troll in modern day terms.

Would like to say I object strongly about the title of this thread and ask that it should be changed to keep some level of professionalism on the forum.

Its the oldest thread on the forum Bruce - Get back in your box.

...it’s funny up to a point, but he’s turning this forum into a crap shoot. He seems to have dedicated his life to it.

Shoot or chute?!!

Either way I agree - no need for the supercillious attitude and associated self righteousness.

Get back to your profit maximising Bruce - We'd all read that with interest. Although i'm guessing its now "Lay Camelot for everything to maximise profit thread".

Whatever else about the Ballydoyle operation, their communication with the media and the public at large seems to be getting progressively worse. Virtually no communication (bar that Twitter account) before major races and O'Brien seems to have completely mastered the art of giving interviews without managing to say anything at all.

Watching the interview today with Tracy Piggott on RTE was almost like watching him do an Apres Match style parody of himself.

Sounds like a perfect storm - Tracy Piggot would struggle to interview a bookie's rep.

BTW John Magnier actually gave an interview on ATR! I nearly fell off the couch.

Malcolm Heyhoe in the current Weekender makes Spifer his two-star selection for the 12f handicap at Newmarket today: "...last term a tendency to hang proved Spifer's undoing in several races but the decision to race left-handed is likely to cure him of that quirk."

Form Book comment for Spifer's only previous run over C&D: "...steadied start, held up, not clear run, switched left and headway over 2f out, ridden to lead well inside final furlong, soon hung badly left, headed post."

Last edited:
Strange coincidence, Gus, but Luca also said (after the horse had dived left in consecutive races) he'd confine the horse to left-hand courses in future.
Maybe they've moved the July course without telling us? :)

Malcolm Heyhoe in the current Weekender makes Spifer his two-star selection for the 12f handicap at Newmarket today: "...last term a tendency to hang proved Spifer's undoing in several races but the decision to race left-handed is likely to cure him of that quirk."

Form Book comment for Spifer's only previous run over C&D: "...steadied start, held up, not clear run, switched left and headway over 2f out, ridden to lead well inside final furlong, soon hung badly left, headed post."
In fairness to Mr Heyhoe, he's not usually probe to such nonsense, so I'll let him off this once. :p

I must report a new spectacular entry for the Arse Cup. The Radio 5 Live team - yesterday Luke Harvey and Corneliarse Lysaght were hopeless accompanied by the vacuous buffoon Richard Bacon whose contributions made Fearne Cotton at the jubilee pageant sound like Simon Schama .

This afternoon Luke Harvey and Corneliarse have been talking over each over , Luke Harvey has been disparaging Frankel as boring compared to Black caviar and John Hunt's commentaries have been terrible he only ever seems to mention one or two horse and suddenly you find that an unmentioned horse has finished a close second.

This is what comes of having to listen at work .

The coverage is dreadful . Peter Bromley and Thommo were doing better 25 years ago .

Last edited:
McGrath has been appalling and I am relieved its his last year.

Is it me or have they seriously cut the fashion parts this year? Do miss the acerbic James Sherwood - he may have been cruel but very accurate!

Back