Arse Cup

Carson - he gets worse if that is possible and as for Wiltshire and Parrott's Tweedledum and Tweedledee act ...

The worst bit for me was Rishi Persaud when he got star struck by the American chef who owned one of Wes Ward horses - Claire walked off and left him gushing over the bloke "Oooooooooooh! Ive seen all your TV programmes - I think you're brilliant etc!" Excruciating!

its bewildering how anyone can think these two offer anything to the table..its really bad and needs stopping..a spoof of it couldn't be as bad

Patten should be looking in then asking how much money they're paying for the 2 dumb blokes.

The worst bit for me was Rishi Persaud when he got star struck by the American chef who owned one of Wes Ward horses - Claire walked off and left him gushing over the bloke "Oooooooooooh! Ive seen all your TV programmes - I think you're brilliant etc!" Excruciating!

That was truly bizarre, a complete WTF moment :lol:

A certain Chris Pimlott on WH radio ... just manages to give me a complete turn-off.

So, I've turned the radio off! That's better.

Emma Spencer on C4, interviewing John Gosden after Masked Marvel had won the Bahrain Trophy.

JG: I like the way he galloped out, he went away strongly and we'll probably go straight to the Leger.

ES: He looks a straightforward type who should build from this, will you go for the Leger down the line?

d7USL304s21qLWcs1jJiWfoQjrCgXONklJWA9XEIU1gQARCBKLsjZNJw9yhdzA1Mda00+JbhyAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Lee MacKenzie totally missed the run of the winner, Green Future, up the centre of the course. The horse was a couple in front before the caller spotted him.

Yes, I know it's not an easy job.

Lee MacKenzie totally missed the run of the winner, Green Future, up the centre of the course. The horse was a couple in front before the caller spotted him.

Yes, I know it's not an easy job.

True but this is a premier meeting and he only noticed the animal when it was three lengths clear - Lee Mackenzie should be confined to Southwell . Hopeless and his delivery is ridiculous almost as bad as Shouty Johnson ( don't you just love the summer when he is in the USA)

Did we actually have a clear winner for the 2010 Trophy? I think we should put the competitors for this award on a points system:

Inaccuracy: 10 pts
Missing a horse completely: 10 pts
Missing a fallen jockey: 10 pts
Not noting run-outs, refusals, etc.: 5 pts
Mis-calling the result (too early): 25 pts
Making an arse of themself with the owner: 5 pts
With the trainer: 15 pts
With the jockey: 10 pts
With the public: 5 pts
Making puns: 10 pts per pun
Making puns in running: 100 pts per pun
Failure to advise change of colours: 100 pts
Failure to advise correct SPs: 1000 pts

First arse to reach 5000 pts is the winner and a new Cup shall be awarded, with mandatory 6-month stay in Ulan Bator to cover Mongolian yak racing.

I got back from Goodwood last night and watched the C4 coverage of Frankel's win. It might just be me but the almost universal references (including one from Simon Holt as the winner passed the post) to the horse as a "freak" don't sound too good on the ear. I understand what people are trying to say but the word has always had a derogatory ring for me and there must surely be better ways of describing Frankel's exceptional talent.

Agree with the 'freak' naming rubbish.
They should explain what they mean & then use another, less stupid, term.
Schoolboys!

Last edited:
Back