Arse Cup

Parrott, give me strength!

At least the BBC on the flat have Carson who at least has some entertainment value.

Was Goode watching that fucking race???? "Mighty Man is being hard ridden in behind" "MWDS is fighting back strongly on the near side [held about 3l in the rear]"......

Whoever it was commentating then - sounded like Goode to me! Regardless, whoever was commentating didn't appear to be actually watching the race...

Naive arse award goes to Jim Culloty:

"I didn't know such poverty still existed in the civilised world"

Why send Rishi to try to interview the notoriously monosyllabic John Spearing (JACK'S CRAIC)? An exercise is futility. "So what is the secret to training him?" Spearing, honestly and straightforwardly: "There is no secret. It's just keeping him fit and well." "I see. So what are your plans for him?" "I really don't know." "So, ha, ha, what are your secret plans for him?" (or something similar). Sigh.... :confused:

Did anyone else feel that stuffing mikes under trainers' noses right up to the tape going up (Hobbs) and the moment the horse returned to the ring (everyone) was intrusive, pointless, and just plain hogging the limelight?

I thought Gleesons interview with Alan King was today's winner?

"Are you nervous?"
"Yes"
"Why?"

I think Chapman can never win this award as I think he's caught up in his own arseness. He's knows he's a prize knobhead and flaunts it. Although he's incredibly irritating, I find the "Get On" programmes far more watchable and entertaining when he's on, much more so than when the dreary other bloke does it (Not Boyce, the other one). Come on, admit it, you just love switching ATR on to find Chapman screaming about some 20/1 shot thats been clipped into 18's, blissfully unaware that the reason for the price cut is because the favourites a non runner.

How about BBC Racing as a whole today, utter shambles.

Surprised no one has mentioned this.

They had Brace Inca down as having fallen at the ninth fence in the Foxhunters. :what: :what: :what:

Originally posted by jairducochetfan@Apr 6 2006, 09:24 PM
I think Chapman can never win this award as I think he's caught up in his own arseness. He's knows he's a prize knobhead and flaunts it. Although he's incredibly irritating, I find the "Get On" programmes far more watchable and entertaining when he's on, much more so than when the dreary other bloke does it (Not Boyce, the other one). Come on, admit it, you just love switching ATR on to find Chapman screaming about some 20/1 shot thats been clipped into 18's, blissfully unaware that the reason for the price cut is because the favourites a non runner.
Surely only if you are the sort of person who longs to be on the rack or put n thumbscrews .

Perhaps Chapman videos are used in S & M clubs nowadays .

Brave Inca might be able to tell us

The Foxhunters camerawork was incredibly bad . Going back to the tenth horse as they jumped the last ignoring Katarino and the runner up for about ten seconds.

I enjoyed the moment when they cut to Scudamore sitting in some 4x4 for his insight, he looked petrified by the manner in which the vehicle was being driven.

It was absolutely dire coverage, luckily I'm at work tomorrow so I won't be able to hear it as much!

Yes, BBC2 covered most of it, and the interviews they held were quite interesting. I also watched on RUK intermittently - the prob with RUK's coverage is that you've got the course commentator's voice competing with the Beeb's race caller, plus a lot of strange clicks and tics in running - I thought they were horses overreaching (!) but when I switched over to the Beeb, the noises weren't there. Also, my RUK transmission freeze-frames quite a lot at the moment - only very briefly, but it's a little irritating.

You got a lot more looking at the horses with the Beeb, I thought, the only hitch being when Claire, Norman, and the cameraman lost track of DETROIT CITY! There was a bit of hunt-the-horsey for a couple of minutes, which was quite amusing. He then entered the parade ring, last of all, looking relaxed, if not disinterested, to the collective sighs of relief from the team.

New contender - the t*ss*r that does the sports bulletins on BBC Breakfast. His 'reports' live from the track this morning were some of the most excruciating things I have ever seen on the television.

For example, at 8.30 this morning, standing by the Chair "This is one of the biggest hurdles on the course. Talking about hurdles, I've got a good stat for you. Did you know that a woman jockey has never won the Grand National? Well, that may just change tomorrow. I'd like to introduce you to a young lady called Nina Carberry.....(cue the most patronising and ill-informed inverview you're ever likely to see)"

Rishi wasn't much better either - asked for his Grand National tip by this idiot he replied "it's Hedgehunter and Clan Royal for me", while the reporter came back with "well, I quite fancy Iznogoud (Is No Good, geddit?) and Just In Debt" (cue much hilarity on course and back in the studio)

Originally posted by gamla_stan@Apr 6 2006, 10:06 PM
I enjoyed the moment when they cut to Scudamore sitting in some 4x4 for his insight, he looked petrified by the manner in which the vehicle was being driven.
That was bloody ridiculous, alright!

Originally posted by Happy Jack@Apr 7 2006, 08:39 AM
Iznogoud (Is No Good, geddit?) and Just In Debt" (cue much hilarity on course and back in the studio)
The office idiot, who also happens to be up to his eyeballs in debt, drew both of these horses in the sweep. How we laughed at his dismay. Prick.

Did anyone see the GMTV coverage this morning? They had Derek Acorah on, trying to get his "spirit guide" to tell him the winner.

It was tough not to reach for the nearest heavy object and throw it at the TV...

Originally posted by Flagship uberalles@Apr 7 2006, 12:49 PM
Did anyone see the GMTV coverage this morning? They had Derek Acorah on, trying to get his "spirit guide" to tell him the winner.

It was tough not to reach for the nearest heavy object and throw it at the TV...
He was on RUK yesterday. He claims the winning jockey is Irish, wearing green silks with possibly some brown or purple. He is missing some teeth at the front and has recently become or is about to become a father.

Yeah right.............

John berry, bookie on ATR, reviewing the sand racing when asked about Aintree, says he has watched Clan Royals previous national races, and he thinks that he doesnt like the National course. (being interviewed by a bigger fool)

Funking unbelievable.

Back