Arse Cup

Jim McGrath

''Maybe Pipe's horses are coming back to form with Celestial Gold winning so authoritavely yesterday'' Muchio de merde!

I wanted to get the 400th post here :)

Originally posted by Griffin+Apr 7 2006, 12:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Griffin @ Apr 7 2006, 12:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Flagship uberalles@Apr 7 2006, 12:49 PM
Did anyone see the GMTV coverage this morning? They had Derek Acorah on, trying to get his "spirit guide" to tell him the winner.

It was tough not to reach for the nearest heavy object and throw it at the TV...
He was on RUK yesterday. He claims the winning jockey is Irish, wearing green silks with possibly some brown or purple. He is missing some teeth at the front and has recently become or is about to become a father.

Yeah right............. [/b][/quote]
Looks like he's resorting to the tactics of most "psychics" then... saying as many loosely related and easily interpreted things as possible in the hope that some of them may hit the target. Bit like one of those wee old men in the bookies that cheers home every winner.

Anyway, this morning he rolled out the generic "Irish Jockey" (narrows it down rightly) and "broken/missing teeth" (even more so, eh) but then changed his tune to a horse wearing red/yellow colours.

Which according to the presenter meant he was on Garvivonnian. Even more annoyingly, I'll be backing him too....

Obviously, I want to win, just hate to think of that Acorah T*&^er claiming he was right.

Could someone confirm what liabilities A Loughran said on BBC today that Coral bookmakers had on Shotgun Willy after a few bets this morning?

Thats what I thought he said Garney!!! Couldnt believe it!!! 4 million liabilities and they only cut him from 200/1 to 100/1!!! Seriously what a joke!

Originally posted by PDJ@Apr 8 2006, 03:40 PM
The whole BBC team are making a run for this cup now. Shambolic.
It really has been dire. I've been flicking between the BBC and RUK, which I've still got a months free trial. If I win enough today, I'm seriously considering investing it in a years subscription for RUK. RUK isn't faultless, but it's better than having to endure those idiots.

Been on RUK all day , will watch the National on the BBC though a sthe RUK cameras are too far away . Persad Loughran Pitman Scudamore and Barker are just egregious.

Thought it was vintage Pitman in the after race review. Commenting on things that had little to do with the race i.e number of spectators watching from the sides etc..

McCoy and Walsh didn't exactly give Rishi an easy time, did they? Probably to be expected given how he worded some of the questions.

John Parrot made me laugh when he asked the owners of Jack High what he looked like. I would've wet myself if they'd said he was brown with four legs and a tail :lol:

That was shocking Garney, the way he just hung the microphone under his nose for a few seconds of dead air had my toes curling.

I was spared that by watching RUK where they annoyed me by not even considering whether the gallop at which the 2m nov chase was run might have affected the result.

At least the stupid cap Scudamore was wrapped up in hid most of his face. What is it with these male arses wearing big stupid hats?

Back